The .600 Overkill

PhotonGuy

Senior Master
Reaction score
I got the .600 Overkill. Its quite awesome to fire. Anybody want to try?

OP
P

PhotonGuy

Senior Master
Reaction score
No.

Are you gonna eat that buffalo?

I don't buffalo hunt but that's just the picture that the company that makes the rifle uses. It uses a buffalo in comparison to show the size of the rifle.

But yes if I were to hunt anything I would either eat it or sell it for food.

Tez3

Sr. Grandmaster
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Killing for FUN is abominable. I sincerely hope the buffalo wins next time.

I do agree with you but thought I'd change it to what it really is, there's no sport in shooting animals. To slaughter an animal for food because you need the food is one thing, to kill an animal and waste the carcase (when so many are starving, it's laughing in hungry people's faces) just for fun is totally another thing. I don't see how people can think they are civilised if they kill for pleasure.

We've had this discussion on here before as the OP well knows of course yet choses to bring it up again, very bad taste to try and bring this subject up yet again. As for the fishing comment...well, just inane.

CB Jones

Senior Master
Reaction score
Hi @CB Jones Care to defend your position or is a hit and run dislike all you can muster?

I don't have to defend anything.

I disliked your post...so I marked it as disliked.

I have a feeling it would be pointless to argue with you about sport hunting.

Flying Crane

Sr. Grandmaster
Reaction score
I don't buffalo hunt but that's just the picture that the company that makes the rifle uses. It uses a buffalo in comparison to show the size of the rifle.

But yes if I were to hunt anything I would either eat it or sell it for food.
That cartridge was developed for killing elephants. Do you killl elephants? Do you want to kill elephants?

I'm guessing that must be an expensive cartridge for just...plinking...

Steve

Mostly Harmless
Reaction score
Is this the current version of the ar-15 argument? And would that make it political (and therefore unsuitable for this forum?)

Brian R. VanCise

MT Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
I don't hunt or fish anymore though I used to. We did however use everything from the animal.
So I am not against hunting for food but I am against sport killing. That I find repulsive as well
as killing of any animal that is endangered or kenneled up on a preserve to be shot without any
chance at all. I can say that I would hunt in the future if needed for food. Now a day's I like to tell
people I hunt at the grocery store. ;)

OP
P

PhotonGuy

Senior Master
Reaction score
Is this the current version of the ar-15 argument? And would that make it political (and therefore unsuitable for this forum?)

I don't see how. The .600 Overkill is nothing like the ar-15 and its not one of those rifles that people are trying to ban so its not political.

Latest Discussions