Oddball guns you'd like?

SFC JeffJ

Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Any weird guns you'd love to add to your collection you just can't justify?

Me, I'd love to get a Lemat, the cap and ball revolver with the shotgun underneath, and one of those single shot Liberator .45s. Wanted both of them since I was a kid. Just glad a replica of the Lemat is finally being made, but still can't justify $600 bucks on something I'd maybe take out once a year to shoot.

Jeff

Kwiter

Green Belt
Reaction score
Tossup between the HK MP5 and the Beretta 93R, the 93R just because they're pretty rare here in the US, Essentially if you don't know what it is, it's a 92F with a select fire system and fold down widget for those times when you put it in 3 shot burst mode.

Them oddball looking AR-15 pistols would be interesting too.

tellner

Senior Master
Reaction score
A Selective Fire Galil or FN, MP5, Thompson...

On a more realistic level, a Bushmaster AR-15 pistol, the combo of the 5.7 pistol and weird looking carbine, a Sharps or a falling-block single shot rifle in 300 Weatherby.

KenpoTex

Senior Master
Reaction score
The LeMat would be on my list as well...I'm a history buff. Also, there's just something cool about 9 rounds of .44 and a 20-gauge (IIRC) shotgun in one package.

-another would be a Glock 18 (basically the full-auto version of the 17)...just because :D

-a "Mare's Leg" (winchester rifle in .45-colt that's been cut down to about a 9" barrel, it also has a short stock and the big-loop cocking lever) Totally pointless but cool.

OP
SFC JeffJ

SFC JeffJ

Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
The LeMat would be on my list as well...I'm a history buff. Also, there's just something cool about 9 rounds of .44 and a 20-gauge (IIRC) shotgun in one package.

-another would be a Glock 18 (basically the full-auto version of the 17)...just because :D

-a "Mare's Leg" (winchester rifle in .45-colt that's been cut down to about a 9" barrel, it also has a short stock and the big-loop cocking lever) Totally pointless but cool.
A buddy of mine has a Glock 18, and wow, it's fun to shoot! Also a lot more controllable than I thought it would be.

I just saw that the company that makes that cut down Winchester is now making a pump version of it as well. Either that or the original lever action would be a lot of fun to shoot!

Jeff

Carol

Crazy like a...
MT Mentor
Lifetime Supporting Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
I'd like an Arisaka or some sort of Japanese WWII-era rifle in fireable condition. There's something about them that I find interesting.

tellner

Senior Master
Reaction score
I actually saw a vintage LeMat at the Gun Room in Portland. It had been stored in grease since the 1860s. They'd just sold it for a cool $100,000. Absolutely beautiful. There was even decorative filework on the screwheads.

Carol, I wish I'd known that you like Arisakas. I just gave a trigger assembly, receiver and complete barrel - everything but the stock - to a friend.

Bigshadow

Senior Master
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
If you like the .44, try the .50 AE...those are fun to shoot :D

That is what I hear! :D

Don't know if it would be considered odd ball or not, but I really like the BAR (Browning Automatic Rifle), it just rocks! I guess that is sort of like the M1 Garande, another great rifle.

MA-Caver

Sr. Grandmaster
MT Mentor
Reaction score
You know what... honestly I think ....

Attachments

• $picsneeded.gif
    41.6 KB · Views: 183
OP
SFC JeffJ

SFC JeffJ

Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
That is what I hear! :D

Don't know if it would be considered odd ball or not, but I really like the BAR (Browning Automatic Rifle), it just rocks! I guess that is sort of like the M1 Garande, another great rifle.
Naw, BAR's aren't an oddball gun, I put too many rounds through mine for 'em to be that.

OP
SFC JeffJ

SFC JeffJ

Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
I'll have a pic of my BAR up as soon as I can get the darn thing resized. Here is a LeMat

Attachments

• $l_lemat.jpg
    $l_lemat.jpg
    24.4 KB · Views: 173
OP
SFC JeffJ

SFC JeffJ

Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Here is a Liberator.

Attachments

• $thapisto.jpg
    $thapisto.jpg
    21.4 KB · Views: 195

KenpoTex

Senior Master
Reaction score
ref. the Liberator...weren't those the ones produced for/used by the OSS and other resistance groups during WWII? IIRC, they were chambered in .45 auto...that'd be quite a handfull.

and, here's a video of a Glock 18 in action

Last edited by a moderator:

Bigshadow

Senior Master
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
I'll have a pic of my BAR up as soon as I can get the darn thing resized. Here is a LeMat

I remember seeing on History Channel or somewhere there is a company that is manufacturing the BAR again? Is this true? I sure would love to own one! I just love to here it report! I am sure it would be fun to shoot too!

I have shot one auto before, it was a CAR 15. It had a 9mm receiver and my brother had a ammo can full of 9mm rounds compliments of... well I better not say that... :D Anyway we went through the whole can in short order with the CAR 15.

I love shooting a full auto.

OP
SFC JeffJ

SFC JeffJ

Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
ref. the Liberator...weren't those the ones produced for/used by the OSS and other resistance groups during WWII? IIRC, they were chambered in .45 auto...that'd be quite a handfull.

and, here's a video of a Glock 18 in action
They were originally produced for the Army, who decided they didn't want them and gave them to the OSS. Not many were dropped into France, most were dropped into the Philipines and Indonesia. It is the only firearm that took less time to manufacture, about 6.6 seconds, than to reload, about 10 seconds.

Jeff

Last edited by a moderator:
OP
SFC JeffJ

SFC JeffJ

Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
I remember seeing on History Channel or somewhere there is a company that is manufacturing the BAR again? Is this true? I sure would love to own one! I just love to here it report! I am sure it would be fun to shoot too!

I have shot one auto before, it was a CAR 15. It had a 9mm receiver and my brother had a ammo can full of 9mm rounds compliments of... well I better not say that... :D Anyway we went through the whole can in short order with the CAR 15.

I love shooting a full auto.
I think Ohio Ordnance, Inc. is making a semi-auto BAR.

Jeff

Latest Discussions