Texas Dad Beats His Daughter’s Molester to Death

pgsmith

Master of Arts
Reaction score
My only beef with this situation, is that it shouldn't have even gone to the grand jury from the start, given all of the evidence in hand.
Yep, that's true. However, I believe it is standard procedure, at least in Texas, when someone is killed that it go to a grand jury for review.

MA-Caver

Sr. Grandmaster
MT Mentor
Reaction score
"Under the law in the State of Texas, deadly force is justified in order to stop and aggravated sexual assault or a sexual assault," said Lavaca County District Attorney Heather McMinn. "All of the evidence that was presented showed that, that was in fact what was occurring when the victim’s father arrived at the scene."

Ya gotta love Texas.

Emergency workers, as well as the daughter's grandfather and aunt, tried to revive Flores but could not. Lavaca County Sheriff Micah Harmon said he found the distraught father crying, saying that he had not intended to kill Flores.

"He's a peaceable soul," V'Anne Huser, the father's attorney, said. "He had no intention to kill anybody that day."
The case has sparked a debate about whether the killing was justified.
"There are those ... who feel that as abominable as the actions of Flores were, he did not deserve a death sentence delivered through vigilante justice,"

Attacking the guy after the fact is different. Attacking the guy during the act is definitely in defense of the girl.
One thing I think stands out in the father's favor was that he used no weapons, this would've shown signs of premeditation. He went out into the field following his daughter's cries to help her, saw the assault in progress and thus reacted. Calling 911 immediately also I think helped waive the indictment.
Totally justifiable self-defense.

One less perv.

Latest Discussions