Terrible Situation

KempoGuy06

Grandmaster
Reaction score
What really happens here is the whole Martial Art community gets run though the fire. This a bad mark on all styles and I feel sorry for my brothers and sisters in California trying to keep there perspective inside there own schools about now
Im with terry here.

This is going to leave a sour taste in peoples mouth about MA schools. I hope they nail this guy (and i mean nail with a big *** hammer)

My thoughts are with my people in CA, I hope you all stay above this.

B

14 Kempo

Grandmaster
Reaction score
Agreed, just plain bad for martial arts as a whole.

... I just wonder if on this third guy, the organization found out something about him and let him go just prior to him getting caught. From what people are saying on other forums, the guy was with a particular organization until very recent and with the courts putting a $5M bail on him, well, they must have an awefully good case. I don't know, seems like something could be up with that, got me thinking anyway.

KempoGuy06

Grandmaster
Reaction score
Agreed, just plain bad for martial arts as a whole.

... I just wonder if on this third guy, the organization found out something about him and let him go just prior to him getting caught. From what people are saying on other forums, the guy was with a particular organization until very recent and with the courts putting a $5M bail on him, well, they must have an awefully good case. I don't know, seems like something could be up with that, got me thinking anyway.
agree!

B

MeatWad2

Green Belt
Reaction score
Believe me, a lot of instructors are up in arms over this. I run the Mill Creek, WA USSD. All I will say is that right now things are... tense.

hey, so just for the sake of being curious, what happened to the instructors?

Carol

Crazy like a...
MT Mentor
Lifetime Supporting Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score

DerekB

White Belt
Reaction score
At our club we do not allow parents in the workout room because of the distractions they create. But in the parents lounge they have a big screen tv that shows the whole floor and they can control the volume. This has worked out well for us and the parents love it, they can talk as a group and still see there kids. As a male instructor with a lot of young kids in some classes you have too pay attention, how are you seen too be handling the students, sometimes you have to physically move a child or position them in the proper stance. These days though you have to protect yourself by never being left alone with a child, some know the system better then you and some have used it for money or other reasons.
Lets face it, there are strange people out there with weird ideas that now seems too be more common. Look out for yourselves as instructors and if you have kids of your own like me check out the facilities that they use.

14 Kempo

Grandmaster
Reaction score
Got to admit, they've done a pretty good job convering this stuff up. I've heard nothing about this other than what I've seen on message boards ot searching specifically for updates.

kungfu penguin

Green Belt
Reaction score
as a school teacher if i have 1-2 kids in my room the door stays open! i dont care if its 14 below zero this way i cover my backside if someone tries to say somethin

Latest Discussions