Terrell Owens attempts suicide

Grenadier

Sr. Grandmaster
Lifetime Supporting Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Sad indeed. Even though I dislike Terrell Owens, the football player, I hope he gets some serious mental help. Depression is a terrible thing, and shouldn't go untreated.

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2006/football/nfl/09/27/owens.report/index.html?cnn=yes

DALLAS (AP) -- Flamboyant Dallas Cowboys receiver Terrell Owens tried to kill himself by overdosing on pain medication, even putting two more pills into his mouth after a friend intervened.
A Dallas police report released Wednesday morning said Owens told his friend "that he was depressed." Details of the report were first released by WFAA-TV.
The friend, who is not identified in the report, "noticed that (his) prescription pain medication was empty and observed (Owens) putting two pills in his mouth," the police report said.
The friend attempted to pry them out with her fingers, then was told by Owens that before this incident he'd taken only five of the 40 pain pills in the bottle he'd emptied. Owens was asked by rescue workers "if he was attempting to harm himself, at which time (he) stated, 'Yes."'

Jade Tigress

RAWR
Lifetime Supporting Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
That is terrible indeed. Depression is a serious medical condition that should not go untreated.

Swordlady

Senior Master
Reaction score
Now I feel bad about cracking about his possible unavailability for the Dallas/Eagles game next week. :( I also hope he gets the help he needs; depression isn't something to be trifled with.

Latest Discussions