Hayabusa (The Bird That Never Dies)

Bob Hubbard

Retired
MT Mentor
Founding Member
Lifetime Supporting Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
A talented wrestler, whose career was tragically cut short due to injury.
[yt]SDea_RLbAYc[/yt]

Added August 08, 2006
From fluorescent

One of my earlier wrestling music videos, from early 2004 (and it shows, some of the editing work is rather average or just plain bad here).

This is actually the 2nd Hayabusa vid I've made, but I've deleted the first one because I never really liked it myself. To be honest, I'd like to make that video again because it had great music and some nice clips, but this time I'd do it with some skill. Maybe some day.

Anyhow, here's the second Hayabusa video. The main music in the vid is "Dreamin'" by KISS, although it starts with "The Day of Night" from Silent Hill 2 and also features a brief excerpt from Hayabusa's theme song ("Fight with Dream").

Eiji "Hayabusa" Ezaki, as most fans of Japanese wrestling know, had his career cut short due to a terrible injury he suffered in a match with Mammoth Sasaki on October 22nd, 2001, he ended up in a wheelchair for a while after this accident. Nowadays Hayabusa is able to use his arms again and walk with a cane. He also still wishes to be able to return to wrestling some day.

MA-Caver

Sr. Grandmaster
MT Mentor
Reaction score
As much as I normally detest this style of "wrestling"... I must say the moves that this particular guy used and the ballsy flips in/out of the ring ... was amazing. I did like that one move where he grabs a guy by the neck, flips himself up and wraps his ankles around then literally pulls the guy down to his face... I mean OW!
With the stunts that he did it was a matter of time for that sort of dibiliating injury to occur. But wow, he is/was unique to say the least.

Latest Discussions