Sword vs. gun in robbery

B

Baytor

http://www.davesdaily.com/out.php?id=1169&url=http://www.nbc5i.com/news/3859023/detail.html

Man Uses Samurai Sword To Foil Robbery

Suspect Suffers Severe Injuries

POSTED: 11:13 pm CDT October 26, 2004
UPDATED: 10:12 am CDT October 27, 2004

DALLAS -- An Irving man said he was forced to defend himself against two men who broke into his apartment Tuesday.

The man told police when the attackers pulled a gun, he pulled out his Samurai sword.

Investigators said a visitor to an apartment was on the terrace when he was approached by two men.

One of the men pulled out a handgun and forced the man into the apartment and attempted a robbery, police said. When they didn't get any money, they allegedly pistol whiped the man an knocked him to the ground.

The apartment's tenant heard the noise and ran in from a back room.

Officers said the tenant used a Samurai sword and 10-inch knives as weapons, while one of the suspects fired several gunshots.

Police said all four men were injured from fighting with deadly weapons.

One of the suspects, a 20-year-old Dallas man, suffered severe lacerations and stab wounds to his neck and upper body, and is clinging to life, police said.

Flamebearer

Green Belt
Reaction score
someguy said:
I perfer my phone. Nice little self defense gadget it is.
Yeah but you have to push 7 to 10 buttons first. ok, maybe three. depends on who you're calling - the police department or you MA instructor?:jedi1:

This is the first i've heard of it - I live in Dallas and Irving is a suburb to the north.

Ceicei

Grandmaster
MT Mentor
Reaction score
Flamebearer said:
Yeah but you have to push 7 to 10 buttons first. ok, maybe three. depends on who you're calling - the police department or you MA instructor?:jedi1:

This is the first i've heard of it - I live in Dallas and Irving is a suburb to the north.
You can actually fight with a telephone. I've seen a martial artist use the phone as one of his fighting weapons, so it is do-able and good for more than just dialing and talking.

I believe it was HardHeadJarHead who may have seen a competitive form in a tournament of an artist using a telephone. I'll have to do a search on one of the old threads (probably in the Self Defense forum) to locate that post....

- Ceicei

Satt

Black Belt
Reaction score
What about MIND BULLETS!!!??? That's what Jack Black uses anyway. LOL.

Latest Discussions