Tell us about your home gym....

halie18

White Belt
Reaction score
I have a Titan X3 stand and use the Rogue Monster Lite rack at the gym (equivalent specs), and there is almost no difference in quality. I also have the Titan flat bench and that fabric underneath is coming off but it’s sturdy and reliable.

The next thing I want is a pulley system. I think I might cobble one together on my own using parts I buy separately (the Titan pulley rack accessory system doesn’t seem to be well thought out). Has anyone tried this?

Jimmythebull

2nd Black Belt
Reaction score
Right one Poster was talking about catching Bull frogs in his youth...but has anyone tried the "frog" 😃 on a serious note thus will give you a hell of a workout..

tkdroamer

Purple Belt
Reaction score
Right one Poster was talking about catching Bull frogs in his youth...but has anyone tried the "frog" 😃 on a serious note thus will give you a hell of a workout..
That definitely looks tough.
We seldom tried to catch the frogs by hand. We gigged them with a pole and a flashlight at night.

Alan0354

Master of Arts
Reaction score
I have tried that. I have one in my garage.

View attachment 28937
You know this is for kids right? They don't even sell this, I had on before I started training. I kind of remember the biggest weight is 14.3lbs, then the rest is less than 10lbs. So what you see in the picture is total about 60lbs + say 5lbs for the bar = 65lbs!!! That's for KIDS, of cause you don't get any benefit!!!

I remember I had 3 of the 14.3lbs on each side, that only made about 90lbs at the time!!! That's NOT weight training!!

I won't even suggest you to get iron weights to add to this kind of bench. I remember my bar is hollow, it might not be safe to put more weights.

You want to be serious, get the real thing. The real bar alone is 45lbs alone!!! Weights come in 5, 10, 25,35 and 45lbs. You train, at least get up to 135lbs ( one 45lbs on each side + 45lbs bar). Then you tell me whether it helps.

If you don't have space and want to be cheap. At least get what I am using:

https://www.amazon.com/INNSTAR-Adjustable-Resistance-Exercise-Black-200LB/dp/B08R33NSK4/ref=sr_1_2?crid=NQI5JWWK69UD&keywords=innstar+elastic+bench+press&qid=1664562191&s=sporting-goods&sprefix=innstar+elastic+bench+press,sporting,510&sr=1-2&th=1

Get the 150lbs, you can lighten it by removing one pair of elastic band. they are NOT 150lbs, maybe about 120lbs.

If you are strong enough, get another one of 200lbs, the real weight is about 160lbs.

Total is $100. Use the light one for warmup, then work out on the heavy one.

If 200lbs is too light, I can show you some tricks to shorten the belt in the middle to increase the resistance. That's what I am doing, I can get up to at least 190lbs(about).

Do it for 1/2 year, then judge. Stop playing with toys and those goofy stuffs.

Now, if you actually are serious, do that ONE TIME a week only, just multiple sets to burn that part out and give plenty of rest, don't do it 4 or 5 times a week. Adjust the weight so you fail at 10 or 12 reps. Do NOT do 200 reps type of stuffs.

Then you need a lot of protein. You don't eat meat, drink Soy or other vegetable protein to make sure you have at least 100mg a day that day. Or else you destroy more muscle than it can build and you get smaller.

Last edited:

Alan0354

Master of Arts
Reaction score
I have tried that. I have one in my garage.

View attachment 28937

Sometime to replace tradition by modern is not easy. I have tried to use this

View attachment 28936

to replace this.

Gon-twist.gif

But in the modern gym, I still cannot find anything to replace this.

I think you should join a gym and get a trainer. You obviously don't know weight training. There's stuffs to learn, hard to tell you like this. You might go wild with your 200 reps and injure yourself.

It's NOT that simple. The amount of weight, sets, reps, rest and diet, they all work hand in hand to get the benefit. Don't pretend you know because you don't.

Kung Fu Wang

Sr. Grandmaster
MT Mentor
Reaction score
I think you should join a gym and get a trainer. You obviously don't know weight training. There's stuffs to learn, hard to tell you like this. You might go wild with your 200 reps and injure yourself.

It's NOT that simple. The amount of weight, sets, reps, rest and diet, they all work hand in hand to get the benefit. Don't pretend you know because you don't.
I'm only interest in "body unification". I have no interest in "muscle group isolation".

I'm a life time 24 Hours Fitness gym member (I only pay $55 annual fee). I have taught many gym trainners "How to achieve body unification - all body parts start to move at the same time, also stop at the same time".

Oily Dragon

Senior Master
Reaction score
Notice how this dude starts with his hands on his hips.

He's basically chambering his hands, to show off his core.

Jimmythebull

2nd Black Belt
Reaction score
muscle group isolation"
You can't "isolate" any muscle in the true sense of the word. Sorry but right there I see you've very limited knowledge of anatomy & weight training.

I have taught many gym trainners "How to achieve body unification - all body parts start to move at the same time, also stop at the same time".
Try lifting a heavy weight off the floor as in a Deadlift. See if there's " unification".
You seem to think you've some higher secret techniques from the monks but honestly man ..🤣

Jimmythebull

2nd Black Belt
Reaction score
The muscles work across a joint, in pairs, with one muscle (the agonist) contracting and shortening while the opposing muscle (antagonist) relaxes and lengthens.To reverse the movement the agonist muscle becomes the antagonist and vice-versa.
That Statement says it clearly. Flex your bicep, the tricep will lengthen.
You still get people who think they can train say "peak" on their biceps. A muscle works as a whole..it fires together so to speak.

Last edited:

Alan0354

Master of Arts
Reaction score
I'm only interest in "body unification". I have no interest in "muscle group isolation".

I'm a life time 24 Hours Fitness gym member (I only pay $55 annual fee). I have taught many gym trainners "How to achieve body unification - all body parts start to move at the same time, also stop at the same time".
You ever practice Eagle Craw by catching fish like in the movies?

This is the movie from 1974 called Shaolin Martial Art. It's very famous at the time. There was one clip that I cannot find the part that the teacher told the student to go catch fish for his dinner, but only using bare hand. This is the ending fight of the movie:

In this segment, the movement is slow, but fancy enough. My friends that practice kung fu like it.

Last edited:

Jimmythebull

2nd Black Belt
Reaction score
You ever practice Eagle Craw by catching fish like in the movies?

This is the movie from 1974 Shaolin Martial Art. It's very famous at the time. There was one clip that I cannot find the part that the teacher told the student to go catch fish for his dinner, but only using bare hand. This is the ending fight of the movie:

In this segment, the movement is slow, but fancy enough.
I know a guy who's got hundreds of these old 70s,80s Films.
GODZILLA too..🤣
I mean some are funny ...

Jimmythebull

2nd Black Belt
Reaction score
Bolo jnr who got into martial arts like his father. Also weight training

His father was a good bodybuilder, martial artist, actor.

tkdroamer

Purple Belt
Reaction score
You can't "isolate" any muscle in the true sense of the word. Sorry but right there I see you've very limited knowledge of anatomy & weight training.

Try lifting a heavy weight off the floor as in a Deadlift. See if there's " unification".
You seem to think you've some higher secret techniques from the monks but honestly man ..🤣
Just making observation. That guy is cut! What, 3% body fat maybe?

JowGaWolf

Sr. Grandmaster
MT Mentor
Reaction score
I'm with you on this one even though people are seeming to make jokes of it. When I'm at the gym there are machines that specifically show which muscles it's dedicated to working out and they are specifically built to work a particular muscles. Doing bicep curls on this machine is not the same as doing bicep curls standing. It's also not the same as doing bicep holds while moving through the footwork of a martial art form. It is not the same as doing bicep curls while walking.

I still use these machines but I dedicated more time to "body unification" than I do muscle group isolation. 60% of my time is dedicated to that. I spend more time doing this than I do on a bicep curl machine. My who thing about working out is that I want to work out more than one group of muscles at arm. If I'm working out my arms then I want my core and my legs to get a good work out at the same time while.

I'm not completely against muscle group isolation. I have exercises that are specifically done because I need to isolate a specific area.

If I have to choose Bicep Curls on a machine or the ropes then I'm definitely only doing the ropes. Bicep curls with dumbbells gives me the ability to add to it. Bicep Curls on a machine and I'm just locked into that one position.

Latest Discussions