Tatoos

Bammx2

2nd Black Belt
Reaction score
No ink here. and for 2 reasons:

1) to quote Ozzy: If you want to be different,don't get one! everyone has tattoos!
and

2) In my many travels I actually considered getting one....until I met a man who supposedly had a very cool tat at one time....til someone else decided they wanted it....and sliced it off.

I never saw it....but I saw the scar:erg:

SO....no "ink" fer me!

Ping898

Senior Master
Lifetime Supporting Member
Reaction score
Just one for me, black dragon on my back, I def like hagakure's better though, makes me wish the tat palor I went to had it.
Wouldn't mind a second one eventually too.

On the point of the Chinese chars, my school decided to add "open hand" in Chinese to our belt certificates, and all was great for two months until one of our students mother, who is Chinese and can read it, asked why our certificates said "open door..." :rolleyes: We fixed that real quick...

Raewyn

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
I was scared stiff when I got my first tattoo, and whattya no half my back's done!!!!!!!!

Storm

Green Belt
Reaction score
I have two. One is tweety on my behind ( no one can see it but me) and another of a dragon and my initials in chinese on my hip ( quite small ).

Cryozombie

Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Tried to get a new one tonite... but I was outta luck... the couldnt fit me in.

Soon. Oh yes. Soon.

OULobo

Senior Master
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
This thread is a perfect intro to a side topic. Are there any people that don't get tats because of health issues? I was told that you can't give blood for two years after getting one. Is anyone scared of the Hep and HIV possibilities? One of the reasons I ask is that, eventhough I already have two, I will be getting the Hep vaccines for a trip to Ecuador and figured I would wait until after the vaccines to get my next two tats, just for safety sake.

Ping898

Senior Master
Reaction score
I figure as long as you do your research and make sure the place you are getting it from is clean, throws away used needles and such you are set, that the concern is always there, but is negligible. For me, my mother called like some local HMO group or worker's comp group or something along those line to find a good tatoo parlor with a good rep in her area. I went to it, long waiting lines and such, personally I consider that a good sign too, cause tatoo parlors are one of those things that I think thrives on word of mouth and the quality of their work and if they are bad and aren't hygenic, people aren't going to come back and aren't going to recommend them.I thought the giving blood thing was only a year though...could be wrong, but if you try to give it, they always ask you questions about that stuff and weed out anyone not eligible anyways.

shesulsa

Columbia Martial Arts Academy
MT Mentor
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
OULobo said:
This thread is a perfect intro to a side topic. Are there any people that don't get tats because of health issues? I was told that you can't give blood for two years after getting one. Is anyone scared of the Hep and HIV possibilities? One of the reasons I ask is that, eventhough I already have two, I will be getting the Hep vaccines for a trip to Ecuador and figured I would wait until after the vaccines to get my next two tats, just for safety sake.
Interesting. I had not heard that about not being able to donate plasma for two years. Where did you hear that? I will have to contact Red Cross about that one, as I am a registered donor.

When I got inked, the artists showed me that he was getting a brand new, individually wrapped, sterile needle with his gloved hands, held it up for me to visually inspect the wrapping, peeled it open, installed it on the gun. After he was done, he had me watch him remove the needle and discard it in a sharps container. Upon watching him do this with two other people ahead of me, I didn't worry at all about disease. But now you've got me thinking about the ink itself.

Anyone else?

OULobo

Senior Master
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
shesulsa said:
Interesting. I had not heard that about not being able to donate plasma for two years. Where did you hear that? I will have to contact Red Cross about that one, as I am a registered donor.

When I got inked, the artists showed me that he was getting a brand new, individually wrapped, sterile needle with his gloved hands, held it up for me to visually inspect the wrapping, peeled it open, installed it on the gun. After he was done, he had me watch him remove the needle and discard it in a sharps container. Upon watching him do this with two other people ahead of me, I didn't worry at all about disease. But now you've got me thinking about the ink itself.

Anyone else?

Right, the guy I had do my art was just as hygenic and made sure I saw it, but working in industry shows me everyday that standards of quality drop over time and after the achievment of a comfort zone. I'm not really paranoid, I mean I've already had two done, but, as I'm sure anyone in the medical industry can tell you, when you work with so much blood and open wounds, the possibilities are still very present.

shesulsa

MT Mentor
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Interesting. I wouldn't accept any less quality performance than I received before, but we could be talking ink contamination and personal contamination; i.e. infected artists spreading airborne illness to the minor wounds inflicted while pushing ink, right?

shesulsa

MT Mentor
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Have to be a supporting member

OULobo

Senior Master
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
shesulsa said:
Have to be a supporting member

I think you can post images without being a supporting member, you just get to post larger images as a supporting member.

Bammx2

2nd Black Belt
Reaction score
satans.barber said:
Right cos, err, Ozzy talks so much sense...!

Ian.
ok....
I quote my self then.
if you want ink,have ink.
it's not original anymore,so in my personal opinion....I'm not interested.

shesulsa

MT Mentor
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
OULobo said:
I think you can post images without being a supporting member, you just get to post larger images as a supporting member.
Oh.

KenpoTess

Sr. Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
To Upload an image from your Hard drive you have to be a Supporting member..
Though you can link to urls via the yellow image box right above the window you type in..
. If you are not a supporting member you won't see the Manage attachments button below your reply window.

Hope this helps

~Tess

OULobo

Senior Master
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
KenpoTess said:
To Upload an image from your Hard drive you have to be a Supporting member..
Though you can link to urls via the yellow image box right above the window you type in..
. If you are not a supporting member you won't see the Manage attachments button below your reply window.

Hope this helps

~Tess

I stand corrected. It is avatars that you can post a bigger one of when you are a supporting member.

M

marshallbd

flatlander said:
Who's got Ink? I do, I tried to post a pic, but I'm as computer savvy as oatmeal, and it didn't work. How about YOU?
A large pegasus flying past the ruins of apollo's temple on the left arm,

a rose in memory of my grandmother over my heart,

an Air Force Falco on right arm (very old and poorly done and will be covered up someday),

Wifes name on ring finger in lieu of wedding ring,
and

A dragon on right shoulder blade

someday I will get a tiger on left shoulder blade

and on the spine in the center, the Japanese Kanji for Shotokan :asian:

Latest Discussions