Tan Sau transferring weight to feet

mook jong man

Senior Master
Reaction score
Have your partner place his Fook Sau on your Tan Sau and then have him start to lean on you .

Stay as relaxed as possible , the aim of the game is to try and transfer the force down through your Tan Sau and down into your stance .

Any tension will cause a blockage and just your arm will be taking the force instead of your whole structure.

If you are halfway doing it right you will feel it in your feet as your partners force makes you heavier.

Nabakatsu

Brown Belt
Reaction score
Man! Your covering such a wide array of awesome techniques, I hope I have someone to train some of this stuff with sometime in the near future, seems like almost everything worthwhile aside from footwork/form-work requires a partner!

OP
mook jong man

mook jong man

Senior Master
Reaction score
Man! Your covering such a wide array of awesome techniques, I hope I have someone to train some of this stuff with sometime in the near future, seems like almost everything worthwhile aside from footwork/form-work requires a partner!

Not really techniques , they are more exercises to help improve your techniques.
Partner training is absolutely crucial , because it is no use being relaxed in solo training and then when you train with a partner he applies force to you and you straight away lock up and get tense .

Nabakatsu

Brown Belt
Reaction score
Very true, I should have phrased that a bit better, either way you certainly seem to have a fair amount of exercises which certainly could benefit an up and coming wing tzun man, as well as the intermediate levels, thanks much!

OP
mook jong man

mook jong man

Senior Master
Reaction score
Very true, I should have phrased that a bit better, either way you certainly seem to have a fair amount of exercises which certainly could benefit an up and coming wing tzun man, as well as the intermediate levels, thanks much!

To me Wing Chun is a science and very difficult to learn , because it requires a lot of mental discipline . A lot of things are going on underneath the surface all at the one time .

The exercises break it down into small manageable pieces so that you can concentrate on one skill at a time and practice it until it is ingrained and you don't have to think about it anymore.

Nabakatsu

Brown Belt
Reaction score
To be perfectly honest that is exactly what I need, lol..
Doing multiple things at once is fairly difficult for me, unless it's subconsciously, devotion and clear heartedness are my strong points as opposed to mental lucidity and the ability to focus on multiple things at once.
Perhaps this truly is the perfect art for me, the best of both worlds when I finally get it down :p

Latest Discussions