MT Mentor
Lifetime Supporting Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score

MA-Caver

Sr. Grandmaster
MT Mentor
Reaction score
Dogs basically can be trained to do all of that... they'd be and have been helpful to those who are physically impaired or elderly or otherwise disabled.
You see how the dog kept coming back for treats and that is one of the keys of training, positive reward(s) for positive actions.
It's enjoyable to watch and having a dog that well trained is satisfying to both owner and pet.

granfire

Sr. Grandmaster
Reaction score
Dogs basically can be trained to do all of that... they'd be and have been helpful to those who are physically impaired or elderly or otherwise disabled.
You see how the dog kept coming back for treats and that is one of the keys of training, positive reward(s) for positive actions.
It's enjoyable to watch and having a dog that well trained is satisfying to both owner and pet.

Yep. I think it's easy for a doggy...I am still trying to train my husband...

OP
K-man

K-man

Grandmaster
MT Mentor
Reaction score
Yep. I think it's easy for a doggy...I am still trying to train my husband...
Start with the toilet seat and once he's mastered that you are well on the way to getting him to pick up clothes from the floor. I know ... my wife taught me.
icon10.gif

Sukerkin

Have the courage to speak softly
MT Mentor
Lifetime Supporting Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
:chuckles: I am clearly stubborn and un-trainable :eek:.

granfire

Sr. Grandmaster
Reaction score
Start with the toilet seat and once he's mastered that you are well on the way to getting him to pick up clothes from the floor. I know ... my wife taught me.
icon10.gif

My husband objects to being hit over the nose with a rolled up newspaper....

OP
K-man

K-man

Grandmaster
MT Mentor
Reaction score
My husband objects to being hit over the nose with a rolled up newspaper....
Ahaa! You weren't attentive. This training involves rewards and positive reinforcement. Bad behavior is ignored. Clicker training is also incorporated. I'll leave it up to you to determine the appropriate rewards
icon12.gif
, but you should find a massive change in attitude when you stop the physical abuse. :asian:

granfire

Sr. Grandmaster
Reaction score
Ahaa! You weren't attentive. This training involves rewards and positive reinforcement. Bad behavior is ignored. Clicker training is also incorporated. I'll leave it up to you to determine the appropriate rewards
icon12.gif
, but you should find a massive change in attitude when you stop the physical abuse. :asian:

Sorry, some infractions are severe, I am tempted to switch to a cattle prod...then again, I suffer from fluctuation of hormones...

Latest Discussions