Taking some/all UI bennies for people that steal $100 or more. Thoughts?

Carol

Crazy like a...
MT Mentor
Lifetime Supporting Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
CONCORD, N.H. -- Gov. John Lynch is weighing whether to sign a bill that makes it harder for people who steal from their employers to qualify for unemployment in New Hampshire.

Read more: http://www.wmur.com/news/28507208/detail.html#ixzz1RpPpT29i

Under current law, if one steals more than $500 from your employer, one becomes ineligible for unemployment (by losing all wage credits)

Under the proposed law, one would lose all wage credits for stealing over $250, or lose partial wage credits for stealing $100-$250.

Gov. Lynch hasn't signed the law yet. If it was your decision, what would you think?

Bob Hubbard

Retired
MT Mentor
Founding Member
Lifetime Supporting Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
It's better than going to the old way. Lopping off the hand and all that.

Of course, someone will complain it's not 'fair', and my reply will always be the same:
Then don't fricken be a thief and steal. You made the choice, now enjoy the consequences of your actions.

:)

granfire

Sr. Grandmaster
Reaction score
It's better than going to the old way. Lopping off the hand and all that.

Of course, someone will complain it's not 'fair', and my reply will always be the same:
Then don't fricken be a thief and steal. You made the choice, now enjoy the consequences of your actions.

:)

actually, thieving usually cost you a hand...

Flying Crane

Sr. Grandmaster
Reaction score
does there have to be a trial and conviction of the theft first? Otherwise, how does the government know the person stole from the employer? Could be the employer is lying about it. I think it opens a whole can of worms, determining who this would legitimately affect.

Latest Discussions