Taiji push hands basics

Dirtymeat

Yellow Belt
Reaction score
Taijiquan push hands is an exercise primarily designed to enhance a player's ability to remain balanced while in contact with an opponent.
Push hands training improves one's ability to disrupt the balance of an opponent by finding where his or her center of gravity is and exploiting it.

Taijiquan push hands a fighting art based on the philosophy of yin and yang finding and using the balance between hardness and softness to overcome one's opponent.

K-man

Grandmaster
MT Mentor
Reaction score
Taijiquan push hands is an exercise primarily designed to enhance a player's ability to remain balanced while in contact with an opponent.
Push hands training improves one's ability to disrupt the balance of an opponent by finding where his or her center of gravity is and exploiting it.

Taijiquan push hands a fighting art based on the philosophy of yin and yang finding and using the balance between hardness and softness to overcome one's opponent.
Good quote! I think I have read it before.

Could this be it?

Tai Chi Push Hands and Wing Chun Sticky Hands:
A Comparison
Michael R. Pekor

As practiced in America, Tai Chi Push Hands is an exercise primarily designed to enhance a player's ability to remain balanced while in contact with an opponent. Push hands training improves one's ability to disrupt the balance of an opponent by "feeling" where his or her center of gravity is and exploiting it.
http://www.patiencetaichi.com/public/104.cfm
Mmmm! I think this is what they call plagiarism! :rolleyes:

oaktree

Master of Arts
Reaction score
What k-man put up is what you said as the exact word for word match.

Try like this: taijiquan tuishou is a two man set that helps the practitioners to develop
Root, structure and taiji principles and theory.
Tuishou also teaches one to break an opponents structure by yielding and directional
Change.
Haha now it looks like people copied me.

Latest Discussions