Taiji courses in China?

cyberlp23

White Belt
Reaction score
Hello,

I'm a 36 year old French guy from Paris, looking to do 1 month (at least) of tai ji in China, and I'm here to get advice on which school to choose, considering that:

- I already spent 2 years doing Yang style taiji, then 2-3 years doing Chen style, but I have being practicing very irregularly for the past months.
- I want to practice both health & martial taiji, I'd like to do push hands, and an emphasis on Chen sword form (which I have learnt a little bit). Also Qi Gong and why not other activities such as calligraphy or learning Mandarin.
- I want a school where I can find people around 20-45, and not only seniors coming there to do some "fitness taiji".
- I'd like a school where I could get accomodation & meals.
- And of course a teacher who speaks English
wink.gif

Does anyone know a school that might fit my needs?

Thank you in advance!!

Mat

TaiChiTJ

Brown Belt
Reaction score
With all due respect for your interest in an adventure travelling to China and learning TaiJi, if my residence was in the country of France, I would consider the syllabus of Thierry Alibert. But then again, perhaps that is who your teacher has been!

I don't know.

Whatever your opinion of those styles labeled "old yang", Thierry Alibert has shown proficiency in both form and application.

Last edited by a moderator:

Latest Discussions