Interesting Wu Taiji demo...

Brian R. VanCise

MT Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Interesting Demo for sure. I know a good family friend that studied Wu Taijiquan for quite a long time in the Ann Arbor area. She really enjoyed it but alas in the end her knees were shot and she had to stop training.

OP
Xue Sheng

Xue Sheng

All weight is underside
Reaction score
The video is Southern Wu style (Not Wu/Hao or Northern Wu) is probably the roughest on your knees if you are not real careful. I believe it is that forward stance that puts way to much stress on your knees. And Since the Southern Wu family is in Toronto and has affiliate schools in Michigan I am guessing she was training Southern Wu. I am sorry to hear about her knees.

Note:
Wu/Hoa is from a combination of Chen and Yang styles (Wu Yuxiang)
Northern Wu is from Yang style (Wu Quanyou and Wu Jianquan)
Southern Wu is from from Wu Quanyou and Wu Jianquan but it was changed from Northern Wu (Beijing) to Southern Wu (Shanghai/Hong Kong)

jks9199

Administrator
Staff member
Lifetime Supporting Member
Reaction score
Very interesting way to present a demo. I really liked how they would do the application, and simply move back into the sequence.

Brian R. VanCise

MT Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
The video is Southern Wu style (Not Wu/Hao or Northern Wu) is probably the roughest on your knees if you are not real careful. I believe it is that forward stance that puts way to much stress on your knees. And Since the Southern Wu family is in Toronto and has affiliate schools in Michigan I am guessing she was training Southern Wu. I am sorry to hear about her knees.

Note:
Wu/Hoa is from a combination of Chen and Yang styles (Wu Yuxiang)
Northern Wu is from Yang style (Wu Quanyou and Wu Jianquan)
Southern Wu is from from Wu Quanyou and Wu Jianquan but it was changed from Northern Wu (Beijing) to Southern Wu (Shanghai/Hong Kong)

She talked about Toronto so I am sure you are right!

mograph

Master of Arts
Reaction score
This reminds me of Inspector Clouseau: "You imbecile! Not now, Cato!"

Latest Discussions