Rich Parsons

A Student of Martial Arts
Founding Member
Lifetime Supporting Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
upnorthkyosa said:
http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=7531422428227380479

The little guy is pretty amazing. Check out his use of spin and jump kicks!

All I remember is that there were two very nice looking women dancing around the ring with carda that read 2 & 3, and I feel at a lost for I could not see "1". ;)

Seriously though.

I am confused.

Other than the standing 8 count the guy in blue gloves how won did stand out inthe fight to win. I mean he was knocked down by body checks, he was knocked down by a few punches during his kicks. I agree nothing to get a standing 8 count. I mean with the two groin shots which should have lost him some points or a point on the scoring. So the first two round would have been even with those losses (* Why where no groin guards worn? *), and then in the third round when the guy in the red gloes got his timing and distance to start knocking him down in the middle of his kicks.

I am missing something here. Just asking for more clarifcation or explanation.

Thanks

Aruden

White Belt
Reaction score
The thai fighter does good leg blocks and front leg checks,however he is an awful puncher,he has poor clinch skills and he wasn't aggressive enough.
The taekwondoist did pretty good kicks, well executed and some did connect pretty well, but there is something i want to say:everytime i see Taekwondo sparring, it seems that , as in this vid, at then end, the fighter fall on the floor on every kick they deliver, they have no stability. The spin kick of course is difficult to execute, but i don't see the practical use of it, because the fighter wears himself out by doing juming spinning hook kicks or whatsoever, that barely connects and inflect damage and he ends on the floor vulnerable to an attack...

Cujo

Blue Belt
Reaction score
Thanks for the video, both looked good but I gotta give the fight to the other guy.
Pax
Cujo

Andrew Green

Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
It was a very good TKD fighter against a poor, but much larger Muay Thai fighter.

The little guy was supposed to win.

I give him the first round, but he spent a good chunk of the 2nd and most of the 3rd picking himself up off the canvas

But lets all be honest, the ref and the judges all knew who was supposed to win. They where clearly not in the same weight class and the little guy was putting on a show with the spinning jump kicks, trying to show off his style. Once the other guy realized all he had to do was push into them the fight switched over and the little guy was knocking himself down.