Tae Kwon Do for Zombie Defense

K31

Blue Belt
Reaction score
The more clever among us will want to do something that is easy, safe and gets someone else to do the heavy lifting, someone who will not tire and will dedicate every single moment to destroying the threat. Carpet beetles. They're easy to raise. They will eat the zombies down to bare bone in an incredibly short time. They make more carpet beetles which will eat more zombies.

Well now if you're talking World War Z type zombies then their flesh is toxic so that might kill your carpet beetles.

tellner

Senior Master
Reaction score
Well now if you're talking World War Z type zombies then their flesh is toxic so that might kill your carpet beetles.

I have every confidence in the ability of insects to eat just about anything. Given a little bit of time, and abundant food source and enough mixed-function oxidases it's inevitable.

GlassJaw

Orange Belt
Reaction score
If they're the real Haitian bocor-raised thing that's all too much work. The easiest way is to find the sorcerer who made them and cut off his head. The other cure is salt.

Mmmm. . .Salt-cured zombie. . .just like Mom used to make. Good for that pre-tournament energy boost.

Dan

Andy Moynihan

Senior Master
MT Mentor
Reaction score
People's Banana Republic of Massachusettstan, Disu
-When it comes to combating Zombies, I think you have to take each situation on individually. Certainly have a gun and ammo, but a back up weapon, guess something with blade, but a mace would work too, if you can get behind them, severe the spine, base of the skull, or bash in as hard as possible. Maybe any serious head trauma, my info on brain activity with the undead is a little rusty. Now if you're in a wide open area, running is a weapon, so obviously it pays to be in shape, but also FIRE!!! What zombie doesn't love fire? Well, guess they have a one tract mind, flesh, but if you're not too concerned about the surrounding environment, fire it up. Old, abandoned hotel, burn 'em. Field of grass, burn 'em. You're home? Depends on if you're ever coming back to it.

Andrew

Make sure that property protection is not an issue and make sure you are far, far away from any zombies you attempt to incinerate( think about how long it takes even a steak on a grill to cook, and you think a zombie's gonna just go up and die in mere seconds? come on now).

That and the fact if you stay close you've created a walking, shambling, grabbing torch that's homed in on you. Good luck with that.

Andy Moynihan

Senior Master
MT Mentor
Reaction score
People's Banana Republic of Massachusettstan, Disu
My wife just made an excellent point. What sort of zombies are we talking about? If they're Dawn of the Dead Americanized Hollywood zombies, then the mace/gun/sword/chainsaw stuff is all on track.

If they're the real Haitian bocor-raised thing that's all too much work. The easiest way is to find the sorcerer who made them and cut off his head. The other cure is salt. If a zombie tastes salt it will go back to the grave forever. I recommend firehoses with salt water.

Going by that theory, as soon as our Voudun Zombie bit a human, they'd go back to the grave since our flesh and blood is, by nature, full of salt.

Darksoul

Black Belt
Reaction score
-That thought crossed my mind about a wondering torch, but how long do you think a zombie can keep going when its on fire? I wasn't planning on standing there with a video camera to find out either, haha!

RUN-FU!!!

Andrew

Cirdan

Senior Master
Reaction score
A Naginata or Pole Cleaver for cutting off reaching zombie arms and heads at a safe distance.

Don`t trust guns to take care of zombies. Unless you get the spine or leg bones it will remain combat effective and keep chasing you. A flamethrower might be an alternative. Or a thresher.

Sukerkin

Have the courage to speak softly
MT Mentor
Lifetime Supporting Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
That would probably be effective outside, Cirdan but I'd rather put my trust in a katana once quarters get close.

Cirdan

Senior Master
Reaction score
So thresher, naginata, katana or wakizashi depending on the space then Sukerkin?
brains.gif

Latest Discussions