Tactical Flashlight

Buka

Sr. Grandmaster
Staff member
MT Mentor
Reaction score
You can't shoot everyone that pushes you. In NYC you can't carry a gun. Now what's your plan? If you are an old man and can still fight, great for you. But all us old guys are not that lucky.

I never said anything about shooting anyone. I haven't had to shoot anyone, hopefully never will.
If you're in the same profession as I am in NYC you have to carry a gun, you don't have the option not to.

What's my plan concerning what exactly?

And I'll tell you what, fella', being old and being able to fight has nothing what-so-ever to do with luck.

And welcome to Martial Talk. :)

drop bear

Sr. Grandmaster
Reaction score
Yes, never thought about that. I'd have to see how the strobe affected me in the dark.

The closer you are the more the strobe effect bounces back.

I mostly use it to signal cops and ambulances because it is a unique signal.

And just use the light on bad guys.

drop bear

Sr. Grandmaster
Reaction score
What is wrong with kubaton?

I don't use one for keys, but they are great for hammer fist strikes. Although in NYC can't carry em. As was noted earlier, flashlight is your kubaton in NYC.

It is not enough weapon to drop that 150 kilo islander you have for some reason enraged.

But it is enough weapon to convince him you are trying to stab him.

Gerry Seymour

MT Moderator
Staff member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
My light only has full power or off. I used to have a low and high setting light. Had an altercation and used low by mistake. That was enough of a lucky warning for me.
For a light intended for tactical or SD use, I'm not wild about the multiple settings, unless they're controlled by a different switch. I want to push the button and have the light come on, at its brightest.

For a utility light, I like high and low (to save battery), but the flash has no use there.

Gerry Seymour

MT Moderator
Staff member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
What is wrong with kubaton?

I don't use one for keys, but they are great for hammer fist strikes. Although in NYC can't carry em. As was noted earlier, flashlight is your kubaton in NYC.
Getting your kubotan out and into your hand is a pretty big distraction for something that you can use as a marginal aid for a specific strike. I can also leverage it (pun intended) in grappling, but wouldn't reach for it in the chaos. If I had something in my hand that served, I'd use it, but otherwise, I'm better off not reaching for it - not enough advantage for the compromised second or two.