Systema DVD's

Mpho

White Belt
Reaction score
I was just browsing into the net and I came accross this SYSTEMA art....I'v been reading the forums: Sytema UK forum and martialtalk forum, and I watched some of the videos.....and I have to say,this Systema thing looks interesting.

I am not into martial art (meaning I haven't trained at all), I really want to try Systema out, the thing is I dont think there are systema schools here in South Africa. I have seen Systema DVD's that are sold on the net but my question is were do I start, which one will you recommend for someone who doesnt have experience. Are the DVD's in English?

Please guys any advice is welcomed

SFC JeffJ

Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
I've been looking into Systema as well. You might want to see if there is a "study group" near you (or whatever they are calling it). The homepage has the school listings (www.russianmartialart.com I think) and also has info on the DVDs. The DVDs you can get from there are in English.

Hope this helped a bit,

Jeff

OP
M

Mpho

White Belt
Reaction score
Thanks Jeff.....

I am going to try Hand to Hand DVD, someone just recommended it. Hope it will work on me
icon6.gif

RachelK

Purple Belt
Reaction score
Hello,
I would recommend "Systema Hand-to-Hand" as your first DVD. It is a good overview of Systema and will give you ideas for your own training. If you can find a willing friend, practice some of the drills shown on the DVD. I also recommend the book "Let Every Breath" which has a lot of solo drills that you can do. Both are available at the store on RussianMartialArt.com.
If you search the Training Partners page on RussianMartialArt.com, you will see a few other people in South Africa looking to train in Systema. Maybe you could all get together and form a study group.
Good luck!
-Rachel

Gulo

Yellow Belt
Reaction score
RachelK said:
Hello,
I would recommend "Systema Hand-to-Hand" as your first DVD. ....Good luck!
-Rachel

the bonus section on chain defense is great. if this doesn't teach you how to relax, i don't know what will :erg:

erich

Yellow Belt
Reaction score
the bonus section on chain defense is great. if this doesn't teach you how to relax, i don't know what will :erg:

quote from Seattle area systema instructor Kaizen Taki:

"The chain is a great training tool because... it hurts!"