Suspect arrested in JonBenet Ramsey case

Lisa

Don't get Chewed!
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
crushing said:
Yes, they have been 'Richard Jewelled' by the authorities and the media enough already.

Agreed.

I am of the opinion that no parent should ever have to bury their child. That is just so wrong. :( I hope they find peace at last, however, I doubt they ever will.

Ninjamom

2nd Black Belt
Reaction score
I was always outraged at the media frenzy surrounding this case. The mother was literally hounded to her grave. I have heard, though, that the police were watching and building a case with DNA evidence for several months, and the Ramsey's were informed of this. I believe that Mrs. Ramsey knew before her death that her daughter's killer was about to be apprehended.

The suspect was caught after all this time in Thailand, largely because of his involvement there in the child sex 'tour industry'. Cases like this, and the realities of parole and probation, are reason enough why I have no qualms against the death penalty.

ADDED ON EDIT: As far as children being killed or kidnapped while the parents were asleep in the same house, isn't this exactly what happened in the Lindeberg case?

Jonathan Randall

Senior Master
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Read these thirty + pages online and then try to convince me that the Ramsey's weren't shafted by tabloid style journalism and police incompetence (or malpractice):
JONBENET

The more I read about this case, the more it sucks. Ok, this Karr lunatic may be a "false confessor", but there is STILL a child killer out there who murdered this young girl.

TonyMac

Orange Belt
Reaction score
I haven't spoken with a single person that thinks the guy in Thailand did it.

Jade Tigress

RAWR
Lifetime Supporting Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
TonyMac said:
I haven't spoken with a single person that thinks the guy in Thailand did it.

Jonathan Randall said:
Ok, this Karr lunatic may be a "false confessor", but there is STILL a child killer out there who murdered this young girl.

True. True.

pirate wyatt

White Belt
Reaction score
He's probably some wacko who just wants media attention. Based on his openness to the media questions.

TimoS

Master of Arts
Reaction score
pirate wyatt said:
He's probably some wacko who just wants media attention.

What I just can't understand is that what is it that he hopes to gain from it? Especially if he didn't do it

Jonathan Randall

Senior Master
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
TimoS said:
What I just can't understand is that what is it that he hopes to gain from it? Especially if he didn't do it

1. Out of a Thai Jail.
2. His 15 Minutes of Fame, albeit at the expense of all concerned.
3. He's probably a Sociopath and enjoys messing with folks.
4. Child murder and pedophilia sexually excite the creature.

The only good thing to come out of this, IMO (barring unlikely DNA confirmation that he DID in fact commit this heinous crime) is that FINALLY the parent's side is being heard and the GROSS DISTORTIONS and outright falsehoods the tabloids carried about them and the case are being exposed.

Latest Discussions