Superior TSD check in...

Makalakumu

Gonzo Karate Apocalypse
MT Mentor
Reaction score
Hello Everyone;

Please check in and let me know that you found our school's online discussion forum. Post on this thread so I can see your screen name and write a little bit about what you think about Tang Soo Do.

Mr. Kedrowski - kyosanim

jdwindsurfer

Yellow Belt
Reaction score
I got your email and successfully checked in. One thing I have been thinking about a lot lately is how similar the balance and synergy of martial arts is with some of the sports I am into: specifically windsurfing, snowboarding, and kiteboarding.

The stance on a windsurfing board starts in horse-stance, but when you get back into the straps it is similar to back stance. When you execute a jibe, you transition from back stance into horse stance into front stance and back into back stance as you step around the sail. Meanwhile, your hands flip the sail, you have to keep upright posture... It i svery similar to doing a Hyung. If your motions are not precise, you get thrown into the water. It helps me to think about this connection as I try to visualize the connection between Hyung and Il Soo Shik.

Jason

OP
Makalakumu

Makalakumu

Gonzo Karate Apocalypse
MT Mentor
Reaction score
Welcome Jason. I'm glad you found our little e-space easily.

As far as your observation goes, I think that TSD transcends into a number of different activities. Although I've never windsurfed, I find myself using skills that I learned in the dojang when I'm skiing. The ukemi are especially usefull...;)

upnorthkyosa

shesulsa

Columbia Martial Arts Academy
MT Mentor
Lifetime Supporting Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Hello, Kyo Sa Nim, and congratulations on getting your own forum!

I don't know as much as I'd like about Tang Soo Do, but everytime I read your posts on it I learn more.

Enjoy!

JKN Ketchmark

IMP

Green Belt
Reaction score
Hi Mr. K,

It's Ian. I finally figured out how to post here. Mt mom had to get it activated first. Well, just checking things out.

Ian

OP
Makalakumu

Makalakumu

Gonzo Karate Apocalypse
MT Mentor
Reaction score
Welcome Ian! I'm glad you made it on. I think this will be a great resource for all of you!

OP
Makalakumu

Makalakumu

Gonzo Karate Apocalypse
MT Mentor
Reaction score
shesulsa said:
Hello, Kyo Sa Nim, and congratulations on getting your own forum!

I don't know as much as I'd like about Tang Soo Do, but everytime I read your posts on it I learn more.

Enjoy!

JKN Ketchmark

Thanks G

This will really be an asset for my students if I can get them all in here. I have no problem with referring my students to MT of the high quality discussion and usually good manners on this site.

upnorthkyosa

Novitiate

White Belt
Reaction score
I Finally got my account unlocked so now I can browse. However it is time for me to write so I am off.

Uki

kid

Black Belt
Reaction score
Hello everyone, I forgot to check in. nice to see you all around here, I hope to see more of you. See you in class.

Mark

Reaction score
Hi John,
The forum looks good. I will start checking it on a regualr basis.

I am looking forward to your call this weekend...

Yours in Tang Soo Do,

Master Jay S. Penfil

TANG SOO!!!

Latest Discussions