Superior Tangsoodo Forum Description

Status
Not open for further replies.

Makalakumu

Gonzo Karate Apocalypse
MT Mentor
Reaction score
This is a forum dedicated to the material taught at Superior Tangsoodo. We are located in the Twin Ports and we practice the Korean martial art of Tangsoodo.

Tangsoodo is a Korean martial art that incorporates techniques from China, Japan, and Okinawa. Directly translated, Tangsoodo means “Way of the China Hand.” We train to improve our character, express ourselves creatively, and to defend ourselves should combat arise. Our training consists of the following types of techniques - 50% striking, 20% grappling/throwing, 20% weapons defense, and 10% breathing/relaxation/energy work.

I would like to invite my students and everyone else at MT to contribute to discussion. The ultimate is to connect my students with a wide variety of martial arts perspectives so that they can better understand the material that is taught at Superior Tangsoodo.

So, please, look at our stuff and comment...

Tang Soo!!!

Mr. Kedrowski

OP
Makalakumu

Makalakumu

Gonzo Karate Apocalypse
MT Mentor
Reaction score
Superior Tangsoodo Paper Posting Policy

I would like all papers written for rank tests to be posted in this forum, for discussion and reading, before the test.

In this way, we can all learn from each others points of view. I like to think of this as a very mild form of peer review...;)

OP
Makalakumu

Makalakumu

Gonzo Karate Apocalypse
MT Mentor
Reaction score
Tang Soo Do Class Schedule
10/22/05

Tuesdays

5-6 pm is a beginner’s class. All new students will be directed to this class. During this time, I will focus on fundamentals, ettiquette, and general knowledge required to be a Tang Soo Do student. I would like my more senior students to attend this class in order to model the things that I have taught for the beginners.

6-7 pm is the White Belt Class. All students who have passed the first grading and have a uniform are welcome. We will be covering the material on the Green Belt requirement sheet during this time. Green and Red Belt students are welcome to participate in this class.

7-8 pm is Danzan Ryu Jui Jutsu. All students who would like to attend this class must speak with the instructor Mr. Fernandez. Many of the joint locks and throws that we practice in Tang Soo Do are part of this system.

Thursdays

5-6 pm is the Green Belt Class. Students who have tested for their Green Belt and are working on the requirements for Red Belt are the focus of this class. Students higher then green should attend this class in order to practice the intermediate material.

6-7 pm is the Red Belt Class. All students who have passed their Red Belt grading and are working on Advanced TSD material are invited to this class.

7-8 pm is our Combatives Class. All TSD students are invited to this class. We will work on breaking, sparring, grappling, randori, submissions, drills, and weapons. Students MUST have a mouth guard, groin cup, and eye protection for this class. Protective Equipment is required for all sparring and must be worn if one is going to spar. See instructor regarding required equipment.

OP
Makalakumu

Makalakumu

Gonzo Karate Apocalypse
MT Mentor
Reaction score
I would like to remind all posters in this forum that there are a wide variety of ages represented among my students. Please remember that there are children present.

Status
Not open for further replies.