Superbowl 51

Gerry Seymour

MT Moderator
Staff member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Thinking about me too. I have Freeview of a standard analogue ariel. Should not work in the digital age, but just lucky. Also lucky that I can stream from my Xbox if needed. Maybe a console a future option for you, maybe.
Unfortunately, there's no reasonable internet service where I live. We use cellular internet, so have to be a bit stingy with our usage. Streaming is right out.

OP
Transk53

Transk53

The Dark Often Prevails
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Oh well, the well oiled machine wins again. Bugger, really wanted the Falcons to win. Really good game though. Thank you lot for such good sport. NFL, absolutely love it. Now I finally realise why six phase RL is much better than boring union. Tom Brady always in the game.

OP
Transk53

Transk53

The Dark Often Prevails
Supporting Member
Reaction score
In the mountains of North Carolina, about a mile from decent internet. I end up spending nearly $300/month on internet.

Wow. I forget that in the UK we take net access for granted, or at least cost effective connections anyway.

Gerry Seymour

MT Moderator
Staff member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Wow. I forget that in the UK we take net access for granted, or at least cost effective connections anyway.
Most in the US do, too. It's a big country, and there are places where there's not a good answer. No cable or DSL here. Satellite is set up in a way that makes it useless for business purposes (daily metering, so any significant update uses your entire quota). Cellular internet is more reliable than Satellite, but it gets expensive if you use it as your primary source.

oftheherd1

Senior Master
Reaction score
I'm going into the media/sports room armed with my beer and my happy attitude, because my wife lost a bet and she's got to wear the sexy referee outfit I bought for her.

In other words, I'm going to watch the game, but I don't really have a preference who wins, as I can see good storylines coming out of a win for either the Patriots or the Falcons.

Patriots: Goodell has to hand the Lombardi Trophy to Brady, which is awesome justice coming to pass (No, I'm not a Patriots fan, I just can't stand the wasting of my time with that nonsense. Deflate-Gate my hind end), Brady gets 5 rings and ends the discussion about "Who is the greates quarterback ever?" 5 rings, full stop. Stop whining 49'er fans. Joe is No. 2, can we move on please?

Falcons: The Patriots didn't win (Remember, I'm not a Patriots fan), Matt Ryan gets his due as an Elite QB, the Falcons get their first trophy/championship, and way too many people get caught on camera doing the Dirty Bird.

I went to sleep until after the game was over. Was there any truth to the prediction on the NBC Today show that Goodell would hand Brady a Lombardi Trophy with a slightly deflated football? :eek:

Buka

Sr. Grandmaster
Staff member
MT Mentor
Reaction score
Left me speechless, that game did.

Buka

Sr. Grandmaster
Staff member
MT Mentor
Reaction score
Go ahead. Rub it in.

No, no, don't mean it that way. I had stuck a fork in them, I never saw that coming. I mean, how could you?

Stat of the game - the last 27 offensive plays the Patriots ran, 24 of them went for first downs. Think on that for a bit, that's just nuts.

Gerry Seymour

MT Moderator
Staff member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
No, no, don't mean it that way. I had stuck a fork in them, I never saw that coming. I mean, how could you?

Stat of the game - the last 27 offensive plays the Patriots ran, 24 of them went for first downs. Think on that for a bit, that's just nuts.
It is nuts. After I turned it off (shortly after the first Atlanta TD), my wife checked the score after a while and it was 21-0 or 21-3, and I thought, well, at least I'm not missing much of a game. I checked back later and it was 28-28 with about 30 seconds left. I thought, "Where the hell did all that come from??"

JP3

Master Black Belt
Supporting Member
Reaction score

Man... I hadn't heard that. The stat I heard was telling, before the momentum of the game flipped from being all Falcons to being all Patriots.....

1st half time of possession was

~10:00 Falcons
~20:00 Patriots

In other words, the Falcons' D was blown and gassed by 5:00 into the 3rd Quarter. So, that stat above makes sense...

Buka

Sr. Grandmaster
Staff member
MT Mentor
Reaction score
Man... I hadn't heard that. The stat I heard was telling, before the momentum of the game flipped from being all Falcons to being all Patriots.....

1st half time of possession was

~10:00 Falcons
~20:00 Patriots

In other words, the Falcons' D was blown and gassed by 5:00 into the 3rd Quarter. So, that stat above makes sense...

I'm starting to doubt that stat. Collin Cowherd stated it, I figured you couldn't make a mistake like that on a post bowl show, but when I think about it, I don't know, doesn't sound right. Looks like I'll have to watch the game again, at least the last of it, and count em myself.

Better get some beer. :)

Buka

Sr. Grandmaster
Staff member
MT Mentor
Reaction score
I counted 14 of the last 17 plays as first downs (or scores) not what was previously reported.

But the only stat that matters now.....

Only 31 weeks to go until kick off, baby.

Latest Discussions