Sumo?

Buka

Sr. Grandmaster
Staff member
MT Mentor
Reaction score
i couldve SWORN they fought

When I read that I thought "No, there's no way they ever fought" and I know they didn't, but then there was some strange image of it in my head and I thought "WTF"? It was one of those simulation things, video game or whatnot. I googled it and saw the image of it that was in my head.

I probably saw it via my nephew. He used to be into that world.

Tony Dismukes

MT Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Show me a video of him competing in sumo. Anyone can train it, but to be successful you need to be massive.
Professional Sumo in Japan has no weight classes, and so competitors need to be really big. However amateur Sumo does have weight classes, allowing smaller people to compete. Machida competed in amateur Sumo in Brazil.

Martial D

Senior Master
Reaction score
Professional Sumo in Japan has no weight classes, and so competitors need to be really big. However amateur Sumo does have weight classes, allowing smaller people to compete. Machida competed in amateur Sumo in Brazil.
Which was my point. Every Yokozuna ever has been a big fat guy.

Buka

Sr. Grandmaster
Staff member
MT Mentor
Reaction score
I was a Konishiki and Akebono fanboy. The Hawaiian connection thing.

OP
sinthetik_mistik

sinthetik_mistik

Purple Belt
Reaction score
When I read that I thought "No, there's no way they ever fought" and I know they didn't, but then there was some strange image of it in my head and I thought "WTF"? It was one of those simulation things, video game or whatnot. I googled it and saw the image of it that was in my head.

I probably saw it via my nephew. He used to be into that world.

sounds like you had a psychic experience :). it's weird...my memory must be playing tricks on me, in the general time period that Mike Tyson bit Holyfield in the ear I distinctly remember that Holyfield went up against Butterbean and lost. like i clearly remember that... it's strange

OP
sinthetik_mistik

sinthetik_mistik

Purple Belt
Reaction score
yeah just went on to Youtube and saw a bunch of Sumo videos listed. kind of freaked me out... when i sign into MT it says it isn't secure... does it say that for everyone else? maybe i should be more careful

pdg

Senior Master
Reaction score
yeah just went on to Youtube and saw a bunch of Sumo videos listed. kind of freaked me out... when i sign into MT it says it isn't secure... does it say that for everyone else? maybe i should be more careful

Never had a security warning here myself...

If you watch an embedded YouTube video on any website while signed in to your google account (if you didn't specifically log out when closing yt, or on a 'droid device), it will store that view in your history and alter the 'suggested for you' list accordingly.

OP
sinthetik_mistik

sinthetik_mistik

Purple Belt
Reaction score
Never had a security warning here myself...

If you watch an embedded YouTube video on any website while signed in to your google account (if you didn't specifically log out when closing yt, or on a 'droid device), it will store that view in your history and alter the 'suggested for you' list accordingly.

oh ok cool thanks

Buka

Sr. Grandmaster
Staff member
MT Mentor
Reaction score
Found another pic of the Bean. This is in South Korea, my buddy, Shawn [on the right], used to work the Bean's corner. I think this was his last fight.

ButterBeanShawn.jpg

OP
sinthetik_mistik

sinthetik_mistik

Purple Belt
Reaction score

Latest Discussions