Suggestion Box

Cthulhu

Senior Master
Founding Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
1) It is next to impossible to verify if that sort of information is 100% true. The only thing we may be able to do, as far as I know, is verify age by requiring credit card information on signup. We have no plans to do that now or in the foreseeable future.

2) It would be foolish of us, and a huge waste of time, to try to force existing members to add said information to their profiles.

3) All new members are required to provide their real name a location. This information is visible to Admins only. Whether or not they share that info with the rest of the board is up to them.

Cthulhu

Zoran

Black Belt
Founding Member
Lifetime Supporting Member
Reaction score
Now that your forum has grown so much. It becomes harder to navigate. My suggestion is a Other Threads of Interest to XXX thread.

Basically, a sticky, in lets say Kenpo/Kempo General for example, that someone could post to that has found a thread that may be of interest to a Kenpoist. You could set ground rules in the first post.

Such as:

1) No discussions to be held here.
2) Only post threads that would be of interest to Kenpoists.
3) Please add a short description why this thread is of interest.
4) etc.

It's better than people double posting or starting a new thread to anounce another one.

Just a thought.

OP
Bob Hubbard

Bob Hubbard

Retired
MT Mentor
Founding Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
I remember seeing a modification that would do something like that. I'll queue it up for reinvestigation once we upgrade to the new software (later this year I think)

:)

K

Kimpatsu

Separate Shorinji Kempo forum, please.
I'll moderate. (I'm power hungry...)
:jediduel:

OP
Bob Hubbard

Bob Hubbard

Retired
MT Mentor
Founding Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Originally posted by Kimpatsu
Separate Shorinji Kempo forum, please.
I'll moderate. (I'm power hungry...)
:jediduel:

Would that fall under the Kenpo/Kempo area, or under Japanese arts?

:asian:

K

Kimpatsu

Originally posted by Kaith Rustaz
Would that fall under the Kenpo/Kempo area, or under Japanese arts?
:asian:
Japanese arts. Despite the similarity of the "Kempo" name (which simply means the generic "fist way" after all), it's nothing to do with Kenpo Karate.
Shorinji Kempo is a Japanese martial art founded by Kaiso So Doshin and incorporated in Japan on 25 October 1947. We are now extant in over 30 countries around the world, each with its own national federation, and each national federation is answerable to the Japanese headquarters, in Shikoku, Japan.
Check out www.bskf.org for details, including links to other national federations.
Best,

Zoran

Black Belt
Founding Member
Reaction score
I would agree with Kimpatsu.

All the studies I've made on Kenpo/Kempo, Shorinji Kempo is a seperate art with no ties to modern kenpo or the more traditional kenpo styles (Ryukyu or Okinawan Kenpo). Although, I don't know how many members are involved in Shorinji here, but if you build it, they may come.

There is also another MA forum out there that has an active Shorinji section. Time too take their members. :D

K

Kimpatsu

Originally posted by Zoran
I would agree with Kimpatsu.

All the studies I've made on Kenpo/Kempo, Shorinji Kempo is a seperate art with no ties to modern kenpo or the more traditional kenpo styles (Ryukyu or Okinawan Kenpo). Although, I don't know how many members are involved in Shorinji here, but if you build it, they may come.

There is also another MA forum out there that has an active Shorinji section. Time too take their members. :D
If you're referring to e-budo, I'm a member there as well. The Shorinji Kempo moderators are friends of mine. There's always room for another Shorinji Kempo forum however.
Pretty please?

OP
Bob Hubbard

Bob Hubbard

Retired
MT Mentor
Founding Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
We are discussing the posibilities oif adding a few additional forums at this time. We should have it figured out shortly :)

grimfang

Green Belt
Reaction score
is there any possibility of setting up the option to search members profiles by system studied? (forgive me if this has already been discussed)

OP
Bob Hubbard

Bob Hubbard

Retired
MT Mentor
Founding Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
grimfang said:
is there any possibility of setting up the option to search members profiles by system studied? (forgive me if this has already been discussed)
Should be possible.....yup.

Look at the Members List, and pick the "Search Members" drop down, then select "Advanced Search".

You can search on several profile fields now.

:)

KenpoSterre

Purple Belt
Reaction score
I think we should have a martial talk convention in every state once a year so we could meet new people and talk to other mt people. we oculd have sparring, technique, and form contests. I think it would be cool. I wouldn't mind helping out and I think we would get a large response.

Also is there a feature to search member by area of where they live so we can find people who train near us. it would be nice so we could communicate better

Drac

Sr. Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
I think we should have a martial talk convention in every state once a year so we could meet new people and talk to other mt people.

That is a GREAT idea KS..

OP
Bob Hubbard

Bob Hubbard

Retired
MT Mentor
Founding Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
We have an annual meet and greet each year, and we're looking at doing several in various regions starting next year :)

KenpoSterre

Purple Belt
Reaction score
kay. It would be cool OR we could do it during a big contest in different regions and then afterwards meet up at a park and stuff.

Majd

White Belt
Reaction score
My suggestion is:
A new forum design would boost the traffic of this site. Unfortunately this design is overused (is this the default vB theme?) and looks boring for many of us. Many vB themes are free of charge but you can buy some professional looking ones for some bucks. I'm sure many of us would donate to help you with this (including me ;) ).

OP
Bob Hubbard

Bob Hubbard

Retired
MT Mentor
Founding Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
I'll be tackling the upgrade to vB4 here soon, and have a few designs on hand for that one that'll change things up a bit. I'm always open to donations to help fund the site, but prefer folks become supporting members. Gets you more bang for the buck as it were. :)

Carol

Crazy like a...
MT Mentor
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Beer??? Bob makes us buy the rum. But that's in the back room...

And its always gone!

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

Latest Discussions