Sucker Punching

kingkong89

Green Belt
Reaction score
most people are hurt easier these days ecause the ones causing the problems never want to fight fair, they use budies and gang up on one person

AceHBK

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
Kenpojujitsu3 said:
If someone is "sucker punching" someone, they have nothing but a cold blooded intent. Nobody every "honorably" sucker punched anyone.

:rofl:

I almost spit out my soda when I read that

lll000000lll

Green Belt
Reaction score
i was taught that the 1st thing to know about Martial arts it to always be alert. especially of your surroundings, so lets say a guy gets in your face. then you should be ready for anything. and lets say the guy acts as if he is turning around to walk away from you. DONT ASSUME ITS OVER, because there is always a chance of him surprising you with a sucker punch. i would never let my guard down especially in a situation like that.

but for the record a sucker punch is for a coward

punisher73

Senior Master
Reaction score
I know it's splitting hairs but I guess I would define "sucker punching" different than "striking first"

When I think of a sucker punch I think of it being done as a set up by a criminal or the infamous "bad guy" done on a preselected victim.

If I am being encroached upon and the guy keeps invaded and escalating ignoring my attempts to deescalate the situation and I think he is going to use violence. I'm not going to wait, I'm going to hit him first. You could call it a sucker punch, but I see nothing dishonorable about it. If I'm being attacked or about to be attacked I'm not going to set up a "dual" with him. I'm going to keep every advantage I can to escape safely.

Latest Discussions