Stupid Weapon Injuries

OP
xTNVx NirVana

xTNVx NirVana

Yellow Belt
Reaction score
What do embarassing moments have to do with weapon injuries...?

Carol

Crazy like a...
MT Mentor
Lifetime Supporting Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score

If you read Xue Sheng's post that he linked to...you'll find that he's actually talking about a weapon injury. ;)

OP
xTNVx NirVana

xTNVx NirVana

Yellow Belt
Reaction score
Oh, I knew that...
I was just...Testing you...
:uhyeah:

Carol

Crazy like a...
MT Mentor
Lifetime Supporting Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Yay! I passed! :lol:

I haven't yet had any stupid weapon injuries myself but....give me time and I'm sure I'll accumulate some :D

Xue Sheng

All weight is underside
Reaction score

Absolutely nothing

If you read Xue Sheng's post that he linked to...you'll find that he's actually talking about a weapon injury.

oh wait, yes.... absolutely everything... it was a staff which is a weapon, which broke my ankle therefore it must be an injury ergo a weapons injury

Oh, I knew that...
I was just...Testing you...

NEVER doubt Carol... it could give you a weapons injury :)

Yay! I passed!

as always

I haven't yet had any stupid weapon injuries myself but....give me time and I'm sure I'll accumulate some

And you will accumulate them as time goes on.

That was just one of mine.

CuongNhuka

Senior Master
Reaction score
I was training with a steel mesh hacky-sack (I know it's not a weapon, but it is a good way to train kicks, so I'm going to mention it). One of the guys kicked it to me, aiming at my chest, in steed it hit my, well... yah. There's a reason I don't do that anymore.
Next, there's a reason you aren't supposed to run with a bo. And keep it up right when walking.

Yari

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
Well, with a pocket knife(folding knife) I tried to stab a wall (doen't ask). It folded over my finger, cutting deep.

My Katana I stabbed and ruien to gi's just below my left shoulder. The katana going through my gi, and barly missing my shoulder.

Repeataly getting hit by the jo.......... anywere on the body.

Running in my hakama, and tripping in it by getting my big toe stuck in it and brusing it at the sametime.

Using ratansticks as drumming sticks, on my own head, when doing abanico.......

(wow, I sound like a wandering machoist.......)

/Yari

charyuop

Black Belt
Reaction score
Well, with a pocket knife(folding knife) I tried to stab a wall (doen't ask). It folded over my finger, cutting deep.

My Katana I stabbed and ruien to gi's just below my left shoulder. The katana going through my gi, and barly missing my shoulder.

Repeataly getting hit by the jo.......... anywere on the body.

Running in my hakama, and tripping in it by getting my big toe stuck in it and brusing it at the sametime.

Using ratansticks as drumming sticks, on my own head, when doing abanico.......

(wow, I sound like a wandering machoist.......)

/Yari

:O oh my GOSH!!!!!! Can't see a 2nd Dan doing all those (sorry) stupid things. Thought after all that training you get over the childish things hee hee ;)

Kenpojujitsu3

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
Struck myself in the head several times with nunchaku (usually while doing dual nunchaku) and slipped and fell on my tailbone while doing Kenpo's staff set salutation (there is a part where we step over the staff and pick it up with our foot....well I didn't step over it this time, I stepped on it :)

Latest Discussions