Studying Abroad in Beijing

InnocentEagle09

White Belt
Reaction score
Hello, all. It's great to be here and find a forum like this.

I'm going to be heading to Beijing for a year, to study abroad and immerse myself in Mandarin. I've studied martial arts for 12 years, specifically Small-circle jujitsu and Okuno-Ryu Karate, and have been given the blessing of my Master to continue my studies in China, in a new art.

I'm looking forward to the differing perspectives and new knowledge to be gained!

Karatedrifter7

Purple Belt
Reaction score
Sounds very interesting. I profess to know nothing about Northern China as far as Kung Fu schools, except I've heard of Wushu Schools. But myself I would try to seek out some Praying Mantis KF teacher.
I have heard if you mention the word "Kung Fu" to somebody in China, they equate the word to just mean, attaing a goal? I do Kung Fu? etc.
Perhaps Mantis Kung Fu is referred to as something else? But somebody's gotta be doing it in Bejing.
buena suerte,

DM

Drac

Sr. Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Greetings and Welcome to MT..Looking forward your insights and experiences upon your return...

Taijiguy

Yellow Belt
Reaction score
Cool, there's some good martial arts in Beijing (defenitely good taiji and san shou). Also heard there were some very good Bagua Zhang teachers there too.

qi-tah

Brown Belt
Reaction score
Hello, all. It's great to be here and find a forum like this.

I'm going to be heading to Beijing for a year, to study abroad and immerse myself in Mandarin. I've studied martial arts for 12 years, specifically Small-circle jujitsu and Okuno-Ryu Karate, and have been given the blessing of my Master to continue my studies in China, in a new art.

I'm looking forward to the differing perspectives and new knowledge to be gained!

Hey and happy posting to you!
icon7.gif
Hope you enjoy Beijing... it's going to be pretty crazy over there next year, what with the Olympics and all. What art are you going over there to train in?

Latest Discussions