Stuck On The Plane

MJS

Administrator
Staff member
Lifetime Supporting Member
Reaction score
http://www.courant.com/community/wi...anded-bradley-airport-20100623,0,846038.story

HARTFORD — —
A hot, dark and miserable four-hour stretch spent by hundreds of travelers parked in a diverted trans-Atlantic plane renewed calls Wednesday to add international travel to a months-old federal rule limiting how long airlines can keep passengers trapped on the tarmac.
All of about 300 passengers marooned late Tuesday and early Wednesday at Bradley International Airport finally reached their original destination, New Jersey's Newark Liberty International Airport, by mid-afternoon, piling off buses and describing chaos and desperation in the cabin as temperatures and tempers rose.
Some passengers fell ill from the heat as the London-to-Newark Virgin Atlantic flight lingered on the tarmac, and at least one had to be administered oxygen, said David Cooper, a London resident trying to get to his job at a summer camp. The airline confirmed some travelers needed medical treatment but did not say how many.

Thoughts?

Carol

Crazy like a...
MT Mentor
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Disgusting.

There is absolutely no reason for air travelers to be trapped on a plane like that.

OP
M

MJS

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Disgusting.

There is absolutely no reason for air travelers to be trapped on a plane like that.

I agree. On my recent trip to Vegas, my wife and I, along with all of the other plane passengers, were stuck on the runway in Vegas due to a minor AC issue. AC...figures that would go, when its 103 outside. LOL! 30min and thank God we were on our way.

This amount of time though...thats crazy! I'm surprised a riot didn't break out.

CanuckMA

Master of Arts
Reaction score
Why would you divert an internatioanl flight to an airport that does not have Customs facilities?

Would it not have made more sense to divert to JFK?

Tez3

Sr. Grandmaster
Supporting Member
Reaction score
It was a Virgin flight, it never goes all the way.