strike to the testicles

Shaolinwind

2nd Black Belt
Reaction score
A recent post inspired this question. Does an attack to the testicles hurt you? People tend to think the victim will double over in pain and cry for a half hour. However with me, and I've been hit quite a few times, on a 1 to 10 scale, it's about 4.

How about you?

SFC JeffJ

Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
For me, it's about a five. Been hit there a couple of times in my stupid days. Neither time was debilitating. I do have to say that I wasn't hit there really solidly though.

Jeff

Grenadier

Sr. Grandmaster
Lifetime Supporting Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Now, before I answer, I am going to ask that people not look at the word in a literal sense.

The answer?

Based on what I've seen in many years of kumite, both as a participant and obsever, it comes down to a matter of different strokes for different folks. Different guys have different sensitivities in those nether regions. With some, it only takes a very light tap, and they get nauseous. With others, it might mean taking a more direct shot.

Regardless of the levels of sensitivity, though, a direct hit to someone's testicular areas does hurt, and will at least slow someone down, unless that person has a total lack of nerve endings there. I don't care if someone follows the Jukokai methods; what people get hit (or more precisely, where) with in combat versus demonstrations are two different things, indeed.

SFC JeffJ

Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Grenadier said:
Now, before I answer, I am going to ask that people not look at the word in a literal sense.

The answer?

Based on what I've seen in many years of kumite, both as a participant and obsever, it comes down to a matter of different strokes for different folks. Different guys have different sensitivities in those nether regions. With some, it only takes a very light tap, and they get nauseous. With others, it might mean taking a more direct shot.

Regardless of the levels of sensitivity, though, a direct hit to someone's testicular areas does hurt, and will at least slow someone down, unless that person has a total lack of nerve endings there. I don't care if someone follows the Jukokai methods; what people get hit (or more precisely, where) with in combat versus demonstrations are two different things, indeed.

I agree with you wholeheartedly on that.

Keikai

Rest In Peace
Reaction score
Having been flicked by a Jo during training I can assure you it hurts and is really debilitating. I've seen a few people dropped during gradings and training and they were hurt.

We had one case of a person being hit so badly that he had to have a testicle removed.

Greg Palmer

Tsutsumi Ryu Ju Jutsu

Brother John

Senior Master
Reaction score
I'd have to say that each hit is different.
I've had several that I could just walk on through and wouldn't make me spill my coffee...
I've had others that made me want to curl up and die.
Including one that made me rush to the emergency room.

Testicle strikes are very damaging. There's a ton of blood vessels there, and lots of nerves!!
BUT: I'm with you. You should never COUNT of the attacker doubling over and wanting to quit his attack. I've seen this tactic fail time and again. Adrenalin (sp???) can overcome a lot of pain...so even if it IS a dead on shot to the boys... they could just freight train right through it and feel it later anyway.

Good topic....
if not a painful one.

Your Brother
John

OP
Shaolinwind

Shaolinwind

2nd Black Belt
Reaction score
Brother John said:

Testicle strikes are very damaging. There's a ton of blood vessels there, and lots of nerves!!

That is true. If the parts are accessible it would be highly effective to grab and twist. And then, call an ambulance before leaving.

lll000000lll

Green Belt
Reaction score
i guess it depends on the delivery of the strike, but to me a focused mind will help you to see past any discomfort. not to mention a good block or counter.

mantis

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
Shaolinwind said:
A recent post inspired this question. Does an attack to the testicles hurt you? People tend to think the victim will double over in pain and cry for a half hour. However with me, and I've been hit quite a few times, on a 1 to 10 scale, it's about 4.

How about you?
like i said you need to develop what's called 'iron balls'. you basically have to hit your groin with a tree trunk about 100 times every morning until they become strong like iron balls!
it's a qi gong thing.
try it, and let me know how it goes

Flying Crane

Sr. Grandmaster
Reaction score
Depends. I was once hit very lightly, but it must have been perfect because I was incapacitated for about 10 minutes. Had this nauseating pain spread up thru my abdomen, wanted to puke my guts out. Took a while to go away.

AceHBK

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
strike and testicles in the same sentence.

This whole thread made me tingle and not in a good way.

Kembudo-Kai Kempoka

Senior Master
Reaction score
I've been nutted a couple times where it took the wind out of my sails, but rarely bad enough to take the fight out of me if I had to show up. The one truly debilitating shot I did take was from trying to block a beach volleyball spike with my groin. THAT one dropped me for quite a bit.

D.

Touch Of Death

Sr. Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Shaolinwind said:

How about you?
Its a ten if the pubic bone is broken in the process.
Sean

7starmantis

Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Yes it all depends on the hit and the person. Of course we do alot of grabbing, twisting and pulling moves....thats hard to ignore! I've been kicked pretty hard there and had almost no reaction, while other times I've been afriad to look in my pants afterwards. Its the same for contact anywhere, it all depends. I do agree that counting on it to stop the fight is a huge mistake....of course counting on anything to stop the fight is a mistake in my opinion.

7sm

HKphooey

Senior Master
Reaction score
Just make sure you follow it up with something even harder! :)

A kick to the groin can be like spraying mace in an intoxicated/drugged individual. It may blind him, but it p*sses him off and then he goes wild.

Man, my "boys" are hiding just from reading these posts.

Nomad

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
Brother John said:
BUT: I'm with you. You should never COUNT of the attacker doubling over and wanting to quit his attack. I've seen this tactic fail time and again. Adrenalin (sp???) can overcome a lot of pain...so even if it IS a dead on shot to the boys... they could just freight train right through it and feel it later anyway.

Of course, on some the target(s) are much smaller than on others also... :rolleyes: you don't have to miss by much to cause no damage and just really irritate the person that you tried to hit!!

SFC JeffJ

Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
mantis said:
like i said you need to develop what's called 'iron balls'. you basically have to hit your groin with a tree trunk about 100 times every morning until they become strong like iron balls!
it's a qi gong thing.
try it, and let me know how it goes

My wife has a TKD student that I know I could talk into doing that.

Cirdan

Senior Master
Reaction score
I have been hit and kicked in the balls several times withous feeling too much pain. However I guess I`ve just been lucky those times. As a kid I took a snowball to the nuts and I couldn`t move for a full minute because of the sheer agony.

mantis

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
JeffJ said:
My wife has a TKD student that I know I could talk into doing that.
ur on your own man, i didnt say none of that!
oh, btw, did i tell you about 'iron head' too?

pstarr

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
Years ago, I became a member of the dreaded "black ball club" - the only requirement for membership is that you get hit so hard in the testicles that they turn pitch black. We never had any people actually apply for membership...

There were only three of us - but in looking the results of the accidental strikes, two of us were not at all incapacitated by the pain. In fact, one member received his membership while competing in a tournament and he fought two more rounds before passing out.

A heavy strike to the testicles sends the body into shock and the victim feels no real pain at all - he can continue to function (and fight) for some time.

A good slap, however, doesn't induce shock and the poor jerk feels mucho pain...

Latest Discussions