Strating your own System, That is the Question???????

Status
Not open for further replies.

James Kovacich

Senior Master
Lifetime Supporting Member
Reaction score
Since my reputation points are being blown out the roof I OWE the post.

I don't have issues with Asians or any other people. WE ARE ALL ONE PEOPLE.

I have issues with "Asian Wannabes" living in the East trying to regulate the West.

Have a good day. :)

shesulsa

Columbia Martial Arts Academy
MT Mentor
Lifetime Supporting Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Moderator's Note:

Please, keep the conversation polite and respectful and return to the original topic.

-Georgia Ketchmark
-MT Moderator-

RRouuselot

Master of Arts
Reaction score
akja said:
I have issues with "Asian Wannabes" living in the East trying to regulate the West.
Why don't you give us some examples of this since it is sooooooooooo rampant?

RRouuselot

Master of Arts
Reaction score
akja said:
Like I said NO EXCUSES.

You left out the important part.
"The Gracies PROVED just how weak all systems REALLY were and at that time Japan PROVED themselves to be weak. They didn't get better until years later after they CROSSTRAINED."

Of course the rest of the world has caught up but that is only because they have accepted reality and have crosstrained ever since.

Your post is irrelevant. I clearly stated the EARLY and you referred to a current event. :rolleyes:
It's obvious you don't read peoples posts or not well......

Ultimate Fight in Brazil 1951
In July 1951 Kimura and two other fellow Japanese Judoka were asked to compete in Brazil. Kimura at age 34 was accompanied by a 240 pound (110kg) college champion Yamaguchi (6th degree black belt at the time) and Kado (5th degree black belt). It was to be a Judo/Jiu-jitsu fight.

Kado accepted a challenge from Helio Gracie -- Brazilian champion for 20 years. The loser was determined by tapping out due to a choke or armbar, or by being knocked out of commission. Ippon (clean powerful throws) or osaekomi (pinning) would have no effect on the results of competition. During Kado's fight he threw Gracie several times. Gracie, who was in excellent condition, demonstrated ukemi, breaking the throws with little injury. After 10 minutes of frustration, Kado decided to apply a choke. However, the masterful Gracie applied his own choke rendering Kado unconscious. With Kado's passing-out, Gracie was declared the winner and became a national hero of Brazil!

Weeks later, Gracie challenged the remaining two team members, either Yamaguchi or Kimura, to a match. Yamaguchi refused for fear of injury, however Kimura accepted the challenge. There were 20,000 spectators present. A coffin was brought in by Gracie's followers. Presumably, Kimura was to be killed by Gracie. On the day of the match, the President and Vice President of Brazil attended at ringside.

During the fight, Kimura threw Gracie repeatedly with ippon-seoinage (one arm shoulder throw), osotogari (major outer reap), and haraigoshi (sweeping hip/loin). He also included painful suffocating grappling techniques such as kuzure-kamishiho-gatame (modified upper four corner hold), kesa-gatame (scarf hold), sankaku-gatame (triangle hold). Gracie proved to be a formidable opponent refusing to surrender after 12 minutes of grueling fight. Kimura then took Gracie down with an osotogari followed by kuzure-kamishiho-gatame. During the battle that followed, Gracie bridged out of the pin and right into Kimura's ude-garami (chicken-wing arm lock). The arm bar must have been painful but when Gracie refused to surrender, Kimura applied yet more pressure, and as a result Gracie suffered a broken left elbow.

Even with the broken elbow, Gracie still refused to give up, so his corner "threw in the towel". Kimura was declared the winner by TKO. Although Kimura won the actual fight, it was acknowledged that Gracie had great fighting spirit and will. Kimura later applauded Gracie's tremendous will to win.

RRouuselot

Master of Arts
Reaction score
47MartialMan said:
You were an expert also...how many years?

Sorry I don't get it.
I trained with a guy a couple of years even after I figured out some of the stories he was telling weren't true......the style (Pai Te Lum) is a legit style, and I continued to train in it because I liked the style not the guy teaching it.

You, on the other hand seem to have been duped not once but twice by people that seem to have no real name and by styles which nobody seems to be able to verify, or at least you are not forthcoming about what they are called…………you still haven’t sent me that certificate we discussed…..how long does it take to scan it anyway? Since you claim you don’t have a scanner I know Kinko’s can scan it for you.

However, like so many that have claimed to have certs and no scanners I doubt I will ever see anything from you. :rolleyes:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest Discussions