Stephen King misses the point...

billc

Grandmaster
Lifetime Supporting Member
Reaction score
This is an article on the author Stephen King, who wants to be taxes more, and how his private activities actually help people...

http://bighollywood.breitbart.com/z...t-see-irony-of-higher-tax-stance/#more-554596

King not only raised almost a quarter of a million dollars in the name of charity, but he also owns the very radio station through which the contest was held. Think about that. King, as a 1 percenter, is able to provide jobs not just through his writing but through his radio station. In the dystopian future where liberals want to take us, there is no such thing as men earning a living, becoming successful, starting businesses, providing jobs and giving back to those in need. In their world, there is a defined upper class that pays for the lower classes as they deem appropriate. The whole capitalist system becomes handicapped and people become trapped. King, himself a liberal, gives into this philosophy of taking in order to give when he is a perfect example, in some respects, of opposition to that liberal philosophy. He became successful at what he loves, then started a business that provides jobs and regularly gives back to those in need.

Men like King exemplify the best of capitalism. He found what makes him happy and then became financially successful doing it. Would he be able to do such philanthropic things if he made half what he makes now? How much more could be do with all the money he earns? With his money he provided a better life for himself, his family and others by creating jobs and donating. He did this all in a system of choice and American capitalism.
Why is this so hard for King and other liberals to see?

granfire

Sr. Grandmaster
Reaction score
How does he miss the point?

oh, silly me....it's billi talking.....

Omar B

Senior Master
Reaction score
Ok, not a literary discussion, just another copypasta of Billi's.

In any case, I can't stand King as an author. He's pretty middling in all aspects of his craft, except for turning out large page counts (which is usually attributable to pages upon pages of asides and genral garbage).

elder999

El Oso de Dios!
Reaction score
Well, politics aside (Steve's notoriously anti-nuke) I enjoy Stephen King's writing, and have since I was like 11 years old. I don't always enjoy it, and I'm not calling it "important literature." It's pretty good mind-candy, though.....:lol:

On the other hand, this:

Men like King exemplify the best of capitalism. He found what makes him happy and then became financially successful doing it. Would he be able to do such philanthropic things if he made half what he makes now? How much more could be do with all the money he earns? With his money he provided a better life for himself, his family and others by creating jobs and donating. He did this all in a system of choice and American capitalism.
Why is this so hard for King and other liberals to see?

Steve King could do philanthropic things, create jobs and donate, even if he paid more taxes.

Why is this so hard for Breitbart, and the other unwashed, so-called conservative, right-wing, booger-eating morons like him to understand? :lfao:

OP
B

billc

Grandmaster
Reaction score
So he should give the government more of his money that they will use to line their own pockets, not his, and the pockets of their friends and allies? Instead of directing that money far more efficiently on his own to people he wanted to actually help? Instead his money should go to politically connected guys like Obama's wall street buddies, or solyndra or any other government waste and corruption? Instead of directing it to people in maine who need help paying their heating bill?

At one point in the 90's, and early 2000's I heard that the average amount of each dollar in government assistance that actually made it through all the government hands trying to grab a piece of it was only 26 cents. Yeah, that is a wise way to help people.

Latest Discussions