Starting to freak out

Gemini

Senior Master
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
WOOT! Great News, Jen! Sounds like you're going to be hurtin' tomorrow, but it'll be the "happy" kind! :)

Martial Tucker

Black Belt
Reaction score
tkd_jen said:
Just got home! Test started at 9 and we got done at 7pm, minus a lunch and dinner break. Written test went awesome, physical test was awesome. Written test was on TKD history, terminology, tenets, goals, etc. Physical test was a 12 minute run, max situps and pushups in 1 minute (65 and 76 respectively, both new personal bests, yeah!), a timed sprint, and an endurance roundhouse drill, and maybe some other stuff i can't remember yet...

Curriculum test, well let's just say I am never satisfied, I always think I could do better. As a group, our president said we were the best group of women he's seen since our instructor tested, so I must not have been too bad! :)

Breaking was so much fun! I had a 360 ax, front kick and jump back kick each w/ 2 boards, and hammer fist and forearm 2 boards each.

We will go over our test sheets with our instructor at the next class, but we all passed based on what Master Roy told us.

Now I will go shower and pass out from exhaustion! Thanks for all the support and well wishes! You guys are awesome!!!

Never in doubt! Congrats!!!!

bluemtn

Senior Master
Reaction score
Congratulations, tkdjen!!!!:partyon: :partyon:

We knew you could do it.

Grenadier

Sr. Grandmaster
Lifetime Supporting Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Congrats to you, Jen!

Well deserved, of course, but remember, now the real learning begins...

In the meantime, though, I do hope you're enjoying some festivities right now.

Miles

Senior Master
Reaction score
Congratulations! Sounds like it was a very long day. Did you have anyone make a video of the test for you? Did/Does your instructor award you the rank at the end of the test or is there a formal ceremony scheduled?

Miles

OP
tkd_jen

tkd_jen

Purple Belt
Reaction score
Miles said:
Congratulations! Sounds like it was a very long day. Did you have anyone make a video of the test for you? Did/Does your instructor award you the rank at the end of the test or is there a formal ceremony scheduled?

Miles

Thanks for all the congrats everyone!!!

Miles, It was a long day, but it seemed to fly by, I couldn't believe it when i looked at the clock!! We will recieve our belts after the successfull completion of a demonstration we have to create. We call it our "Black Belt Extravaganza" and basically every BB candidate comes up with a demo to highlight their strong points in martial arts. It is a public event, family and friends are strongly encouraged to attend. At the end of all the demos we get our Black Belts. Our demo is set for July 15th. I think we are putting video of everyones demo on our website so I'll post the link when it becomes available if you guys are interested.

matt.m

Senior Master
Reaction score
Awesome Jen,

That is just incredible. You certainly worked hard. You had to, and you did masterfully on what you were expected to know. Kudos to you.
icon10.gif
icon7.gif
:asian:

Slippery_Pete

Green Belt
Reaction score
It was a great job by all Jen! It was fun to watch and my hat goes off all of you. Nice work through all the years, it has been fun to train with you as a color belt.

OP
tkd_jen

tkd_jen

Purple Belt
Reaction score
Slippery_Pete said:
It was a great job by all Jen! It was fun to watch and my hat goes off all of you. Nice work through all the years, it has been fun to train with you as a color belt.

Ahhh...Thanks Buddy!! I always liked it when you were in class, gotta love the girls who aren't afraid to show some power! Anyway, not to steal your spotlight but Slippery_Pete is now officially a Brown Belt!!! She passed her test last night. It was kinda weird with it being a test night and I wasn't testing. It was fun holding for you guys though. You looked really good!! Keep it up!!

Rich Parsons

A Student of Martial Arts
Founding Member
Lifetime Supporting Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
tkd_jen said:
Thanks for all the congrats everyone!!!

Miles, It was a long day, but it seemed to fly by, I couldn't believe it when i looked at the clock!! We will recieve our belts after the successfull completion of a demonstration we have to create. We call it our "Black Belt Extravaganza" and basically every BB candidate comes up with a demo to highlight their strong points in martial arts. It is a public event, family and friends are strongly encouraged to attend. At the end of all the demos we get our Black Belts. Our demo is set for July 15th. I think we are putting video of everyones demo on our website so I'll post the link when it becomes available if you guys are interested.

So have you stopped freaking out yet? ;)

Glad things went well for you.

You will have to update your avatar as well. I know it is more work, but I think it is something we could expect of you now. :D :)

Congratulations.

Latest Discussions