Staff in the UK

Ivan

Black Belt
Reaction score
I live in the UK and I am 16 years old. I wish to buy a staff, specifically this one:
Martial Arts Wooden Bo Staff Red Oak Thick 1.20" Diameter 72" 6ft Sticks Bong | eBay

I have a few questions beforehand though.
1. Is it legal for me to buy it, have it delivered to me, own it, and practice with it on my property?
2. My girlfriend owns a staff too, and we wish to train together. We live far apart. She is my age. Is it legal to carry the staff on public transport (since we live far apart) and train with each other?

Tez3

Sr. Grandmaster
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I live in the UK and I am 16 years old. I wish to buy a staff, specifically this one:
Martial Arts Wooden Bo Staff Red Oak Thick 1.20" Diameter 72" 6ft Sticks Bong | eBay

1. Is it legal for me to buy it, have it delivered to me, own it, and practice with it on my property?
2. My girlfriend owns a staff too, and we wish to train together. We live far apart. She is my age. Is it legal to carry the staff on public transport (since we live far apart) and train with each other?

1. You will have to wait until you are 18, reputable suppliers will not sell to you under that age, often they want a photo copy of your licence.
Martial Arts Wushu Weapons, Equiment, Wushu long Poles, wushu staff, whip chains, broadswords

2. It is not illegal to carry it as such but I would really not recommend it at all especially at your age. You will be stopped by the police, not necessarily charged but certainly someone will see you and report it. I would get a Jo and put it in a fishing pole bag.

wanderingstudent

Yellow Belt
Reaction score

Why not take a hike in the woods and procure your own?

Tez3

Sr. Grandmaster
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Why not take a hike in the woods and procure your own?

Still can't carry it around, plus it needs to be seasoned and treated to be useful. We don't encourage teenagers to go around hacking at trees here, most owners wouldn't like it.

Latest Discussions