Spooky or ghostly encounters? Or anything?

Corporal Hicks

Black Belt
Reaction score
Has anybody ever had a spooky or ghostly encounter of any kind? Most people seem to have done in some way or another I'm just interested to hear what you have to say!

Regards

OUMoose

Trying to find my place
Reaction score
I've had a couple. But then again, the college I went to resides in the 13th most haunted place in the unites states. Lots of phenomena i couldn't explain happened, and not all of it was chemically induced. :D

MA-Caver

Sr. Grandmaster
MT Mentor
Reaction score
I've had several ... episodes in my life. Most recent was living in an apartment loft above a business. The building was well over 100 years old. Every now and again the lights would flicker rapidly and then stay on or stay off. Now that could've been attributed to the old wiring (which was revamped about 20 years ago to then code) but considering that the rest of the stuff, computers, TV what-have ya still functioned during the flickering it was something else. Also sometimes both my room-mate and I experienced the phenomena of putting something down some place, leaving the room and walk back in a minute or two later and it was found in another part of the room.
It got to the point where I would be at my computer and the lights start flickering, I'd stop typing or whatever and just shout out in an annoyed voice "knock it off!" and the lights would. I then of course would respond with a simple "Thank you." and resume whatever it was I was doing. :idunno: Something there or whatever.

Another (more frightening) encounter was checking out the "legend" of the headless railroad conductor or whatever the guy was called. This was in Tennessee when I was in my pre-teen years. My older brother, his friend and I were out cruising around and talk fell upon this hapless railroad lineman and the cliche legend of how he was hit by a train and decapitated and now is searching for his head. :rolleyes: Yeah, yeah, I know I know.
Anyway, because we were bored one night we decided to check it out. We drove to a deserted spot along the road to where it crosses the track, no lights or cross bars or anything like that just a spot where the back roads cross the tracks and the danger of not stopping before crossing is very clear. There was an old abandoned station/depot about 1/2 mile away.
We sat there chatting quietly and then my brother, who was sitting in the drivers seat, spotted a light far down the tracks. Aww, cool! We waited and waited... as the light got closer we were convinced that it was a train but as it got closer it definitely moved from one side of the track to the other...way off the track.
We watched spellbound until the light was fairly close. We decided that hey... time to boogie the hell on outta there. The car wouldn't start and the doors were jammed shut. No way! One of us got out to take a leak just a few minutes before.
The light got closer that it illuminated everything in the car, then it moved INSIDE and THROUGH the car. The air was frozen during this and then warmed up immediately after the light passed on through to the opposite side of the car. We watched, unable to move, think (and probably unable to breathe) watched the light resume it's path down the track, moving from one side to the other as before, til it disappeared.
My brother tried the engine again because we so badly wanted to get outta there. The car turned over just fine. Suddenly there was another light... AHHH! Definitely a train this time and we managed to get the car off the tracks just a minute before the train reached the crossing.
Needless to say we never went back to that same spot at night again. Crossed it many times during the day but my brother always managed to find a different route when it was dark. What was it? Ball lightning maybe?
We weren't drinking (well, I wasn't at the time) so shared hallucination? :idunno: who knows? Just one of those weird things. Heh.

I do have another spooky occurance that happened in a cave. Might share that one later...it's true all so true... bwah ha ha ha ha ha....

Sam

Senior Master
Reaction score
This didn't occur to me as being weird until a few years after it happened.

I was in my backyard on the swingset, I couldnt have been more than 6 years old. This old woman came out of the house behind me and walked up the hill. We talked for a while. She told me her name was Helen. I remembered because I was thinking, "hey, thats my middle name!" I was called inside, and said goodbye to helen. The next day I knocked on the back door of the house she had come from. I asked to speak to helen. I was told she had died 'a couple of years ago'. I said okay, went back up the hill, and didn't get weirded out about it until I was abut 12.

MA-Caver

Sr. Grandmaster
MT Mentor
Reaction score
Samantha said:
This didn't occur to me as being weird until a few years after it happened.

I was in my backyard on the swingset, I couldnt have been more than 6 years old. This old woman came out of the house behind me and walked up the hill. We talked for a while. She told me her name was Helen. I remembered because I was thinking, "hey, thats my middle name!" I was called inside, and said goodbye to helen. The next day I knocked on the back door of the house she had come from. I asked to speak to helen. I was told she had died 'a couple of years ago'. I said okay, went back up the hill, and didn't get weirded out about it until I was abut 12.
I saw a similar story on History Channel where a child was visited by a ghost.

Seems that young children are probably so innocent (at heart) that their purity allows them to see that which we adults are unable to. Probably because we've lost the ability to suspend that disbelief or that we've sullied ourselves that our innocence and purity are lost.
I was told this about ghosts/spirits.
It is generally not a good idea to strike up conversations with them. Even if old relatives. They've lost their way from this world to the next and thus trying to associate with the "living" only distracts them from where they should be going. That if they realize that their time on this earth is over that they may be angry and cause us harm.
If you are disturbed by a ghost/spirit then call aloud to your God or to Christ and rebuke them. Have faith that it can be done, falter not in your beliefs, whatever they may be. If you're atheist then chances are you won't be visited or bothered... mainly because your own spirit doesn't believe enough for the ghost/spirit to manifest itself before you. But then if you're atheist then you got nothing to worry about because you don't believe that you even have a spirit/soul to begin with. :D (respectfully spoken of course to those that apply :asian: )

Sam

Senior Master
Reaction score
hm. She just seemed all grandmotherly to me. I really doubt she meant any harm at all.

But how could you avoid striking up a convo with the deceased if you didn't find out they were dead til later?

OP
Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

Black Belt
Reaction score
MACaver said:
I saw a similar story on History Channel where a child was visited by a ghost.

mainly because your own spirit doesn't believe enough for the ghost/spirit to manifest itself before you. But then if you're atheist then you got nothing to worry about because you don't believe that you even have a spirit/soul to begin with. :D (respectfully spoken of course to those that apply :asian: )
Depends what kind of an atheist you are, maybe atheists have it right because atheists dont create the idea of something that isnt there whereas you just might LIKE to think that somethings there maybe because your afraid of death or the afterlife. I'm not an atheist but I'm not constricted by an religion. I have an open mind, that way I dont intrepet something immediatly i.e a ghost, whereas it may just be the trick of the light or the surroundings but then again I tell myself it could be a ghost.
Anyway back to the topic, how about
Poltergiest, has anybody got any video footage of activity?

Regards

MA-Caver

Sr. Grandmaster
MT Mentor
Reaction score
Samantha said:
hm. She just seemed all grandmotherly to me. I really doubt she meant any harm at all.

But how could you avoid striking up a convo with the deceased if you didn't find out they were dead til later?
As a child I believe their innocence sheilds them. That, lack of suspension of disbelief in that they don't know enough about the world (and beyond) to realize that they could be talking to a ghost.
As an adult, there has been very few cases where people were visited or conversed with ghosts/spirits without realizing who they were until later. It is when you are aware that they are not of this earth (anymore) that you refuse conversation with them as in knowingly doing so.

Corporal Hicks said:
Depends what kind of an atheist you are, maybe atheists have it right because atheists dont create the idea of something that isnt there whereas you just might LIKE to think that somethings there maybe because your afraid of death or the afterlife. I'm not an atheist but I'm not constricted by an religion. I have an open mind, that way I dont intrepet something immediatly i.e a ghost, whereas it may just be the trick of the light or the surroundings but then again I tell myself it could be a ghost.
Yes, true as there are more than just one type of atheist. The type that know before hand but choose not to believe in (a) God, and some that truly don't know and therefore don't believe and then those that line-up somewhere in-between (the "not-sure", etc.). As with all things, it depends upon the individual's strength of their beliefs and the amount of knowledge they have about such things (regardless what they believe now). So a person can decide for themselves by "testing the waters" as it were. That, is always a wise thing to do with anything I think.

As for poltergiest videos try that site and see if there's anything. I simply googled Poltergiest real videos and came up with this page.

Bammx2

2nd Black Belt
Reaction score
Since I have been in the UK,3 out of 5 of the houses I have lived in have been haunted.

The oldest house I lived in was a converted stable house built in the late 1600's to the early 1700's.....now THAT had some action in it!
But I have been around that kind of stuff my whole life.
My mother studied parapsychology and I got into it as a hobby myself.
So yea....I HAVE expierienced something!
And I don't care about other peoples beliefs...I KNOW what !I! have seen and felt!

OP
Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

Black Belt
Reaction score
Bammx2 said:
So yea....I HAVE expierienced something!
And I don't care about other peoples beliefs...I KNOW what !I! have seen and felt!
And you dont doubt that?

Latest Discussions