Southern Calif Fires

Tames D

RECKLESS
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Anyone else getting hammerd by these fires? We're on standby for evacuation. Packed and ready to go.

MJS

Administrator
Staff member
Lifetime Supporting Member
Reaction score
I was at work last night watching the fires on the news. Its certainly a horrible thing. My heart really goes out to all of those people that are dealing with this.

For all of our MT members in that area, please be safe.

IcemanSK

El Conquistador nim!
MT Mentor
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
We're in Santa Clarita. The Sylmar fire was 2 miles from us at one point. We weren't evacuted & we're out of danger at this point. My wife & I have it down to where we can pack what we need & the dog in 15-20 minutes.

My prayers go out to those who lost their homes. The air quality will be awful for the next week in a lot of So. Cal.

terryl965

<center><font size="2"><B>Martial Talk Ultimate<BR
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
I hope with the winds dieing down everything will be back to normal real soon.

OP
Tames D

Tames D

RECKLESS
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
We're in Santa Clarita. The Sylmar fire was 2 miles from us at one point. We weren't evacuted & we're out of danger at this point. My wife & I have it down to where we can pack what we need & the dog in 15-20 minutes.

My prayers go out to those who lost their homes. The air quality will be awful for the next week in a lot of So. Cal.
I have friends in Santa Clarita and am concerned for them. I'm in Diamond Bar and things are looking much better now. The firefighters did/doing an AWESOME job. There is definitely an art/science to firefighting. If the winds behave tonight we should be ok. I'm glad your ok Iceman.

Carol

Crazy like a...
MT Mentor
Lifetime Supporting Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
VERY glad you guys are OK. Good thoughts and prayers going out to you hoping you'll stay safe.

IcemanSK

El Conquistador nim!
MT Mentor
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
My wife & I just checked out the fires burning in Placerita Canyon (in our town, but not a danger to us, now). They are back-litting fires to make sure there is no more fuel. The fires are amazing to watch...shooting 50 feet in the air. The firefighters are doing an amazing job.

Stay safe Qui-Gon!

L Canyon

Orange Belt
Reaction score
A number of in-laws in Yorba Linda had to evacuate -

I live in West LA and the smoke filled air is really nasty - that's 50 miles away from the OC fires.

Alway a threat in the fall due to the intense heat and Santa Ana winds - but this year seems to be the worst ever.

girlbug2

Master of Arts
Reaction score
It's been a horrible weekend and thank God it's over. The stench of smoke and the hot dry wind was inescapable.

My parents' house in Brea barely escaped the fires. It's strange how the sparks just jumped over their neighborhood to the other side of the freeway. Probably my grandparents' prayers at work there. Mine rarely seem to do that much good :).

tshadowchaser

Sr. Grandmaster
MT Mentor
Founding Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Went through the Aniheim fires years ago and lost everything so I feel for those that get hit by the fires.
I can only hope that all are safe and well and hope that you are not hit directly by the fires

IcemanSK

El Conquistador nim!
MT Mentor
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
I think we in Santa Clarita are out of the woods (so to speak) due the winds dying down. We just will be chewing the ash in the air for about week.

Thanks all for your prayers & kind words. Many are still in danger & many lost all material possesions they had.

Latest Discussions