South Carolina Family 'Arrested' in Louisiana, Given Christmas Gifts

Bob Hubbard

Retired
MT Mentor
Founding Member
Lifetime Supporting Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
JENNINGS, La. — A South Carolina family passing through Jennings on their way to Texas was pulled over, hauled off to a church, "tried" for not stopping to enjoy local hospitality and "sentenced" to gumbo, presents and a tour.
Judge Daniel Stretcher sentenced the family to enjoy bowls of chicken-and-sausage gumbo, gift baskets from area merchants and a tour of Jennings.
"It's just a community service project we do each year to bring people in and show them our hospitality," member Leonra Dupuis said.

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,581143,00.html?test=latestnews

Aikikitty

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
I live in LA and I have no idea where Jennings is located. The news story is kind of funny, but I hope that the family wasn't on a deadline to get to their friend's house.

CuongNhuka

Senior Master
Reaction score
Do the people at FOX really have nothing better to do?

searcher

Senior Master
Reaction score

Yes, they do. It is called being the last media outlet for us conservatives.

It is refreshing to have them report on something other than all of the evil that is going on in the world.

CuongNhuka

Senior Master
Reaction score
It is refreshing to have them report on something other than all of the evil that is going on in the world.

Abuse of police powers, and forcing religion on someone doesn't sound evil?

OP
Bob Hubbard

Bob Hubbard

Retired
MT Mentor
Founding Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
From the article.
Deputy Terry Guillory, who pulled the family over, said he spent several hours Monday morning on Interstate 10, waiting to find the perfect family to stop.
"I asked them if they'd like to be the guests of our town," Guillory said.

CuongNhuka

Senior Master
Reaction score
The OP doesn't say that Bob and I don't care enough about some stupid article that's not news worthy to go to FOX and read it.

The Last Legionary

All warfare is based on deception.<br><b>nemo malu
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
picture.php

OP
Bob Hubbard

Bob Hubbard

Retired
MT Mentor
Founding Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
The OP doesn't say that Bob and I don't care enough about some stupid article that's not news worthy to go to FOX and read it.
You're welcome to your opinion on what is and isn't news. *Checks where I posted this, nope not The Study* I'm sorry that my sharing a short fluff piece about a family who got treated and had a good time upset you on this holiday. Pop on over to the thread about the Salvation Army guy who got murdered in front of his kids. I think you'll enjoy it more.

jks9199

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
It's called a human interest story. Back when the press tried to present news instead of opinions, these sorts of stories were used to highlight nice things or as a break from hard news.

I mean, really... A town doing something nice for a traveling family! What is the world coming to!

jks9199

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
I take it someone's stockings were filled with coal yesterday...

Kid, the family was ASKED to be the town's guests. Seems like they had a good time.If they couldn't stop or weren't interested, it seems like they could have easily said no. What's so flipping awful about that? Or are you just pouting because you weren't invited?

The Last Legionary

MTS Alumni
Reaction score
What do you expect from a 19 yr old know it all? Can you get booted out of the Locker Room too? He's already banned from the Study and Kaiths section for being a boor.

CuongNhuka

Senior Master
Reaction score
Kid, the family was ASKED to be the town's guests. Seems like they had a good time.If they couldn't stop or weren't interested, it seems like they could have easily said no. What's so flipping awful about that? Or are you just pouting because you weren't invited?

The OP says "pulled over, hauled off to a church". That doesn't sound like they were asked, it sounds like abuse of power. I'm sorry if I don't waste my time reading puff pieces.

What do you expect from a 19 yr old know it all? Can you get booted out of the Locker Room too? He's already banned from the Study and Kaiths section for being a boor.

Fail. I asked to be removed from the Study.

The Last Legionary

MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Well, you're not missed. Hey, don't you have a platoon to go train or something?

picture.php

CuongNhuka

Senior Master
Reaction score
Of course I'm not missed. It allowed The Study to turn into a Right Wing circle jerk with everyone agreeing how awesome they all are and blame everything on everyone except there own people.

And I have the holidays off, btw.

CuongNhuka

Senior Master
Reaction score
Because that's the only possible reason why I haven't been deployed.

The Last Legionary

MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Well, I could make a few guesses but I'm over my limit for poking with a stick this week, so I'll simply leave it as I doubt you have the acumen to be in the military for long. Also, considering how hurting we are for boots on the ground in the sandbox, the fact you're still not there leaves us to doubt much of what you say. Plus I don't like you much. So I respectfully call you a clueless and purposefully ignorant person type.

Jenny_in_Chico

Black Belt
Reaction score
Well, I could make a few guesses but I'm over my limit for poking with a stick this week, so I'll simply leave it as I doubt you have the acumen to be in the military for long. Also, considering how hurting we are for boots on the ground in the sandbox, the fact you're still not there leaves us to doubt much of what you say. Plus I don't like you much. So I respectfully call you a clueless and purposefully ignorant person type.

I thought you were over your limit? Hmmm???

CuongNhuka

Senior Master
Reaction score

I graduated bootcamp over a year ago, and I've been at my unit for almost a year. My unit hasn't deployed, and even though I've requested a deployment, I haven't been called up.

Oh, and I don't like you either, but that has no bearing on the discussion.

Latest Discussions