Soul fighters academy

Matt Bryers

Orange Belt
Reaction score
Personally,I just don’t care for that specific technique but with that said I’m not familiar with your system and I am not trying to put down your system.

No worries man :) It's just something that we use. As you know, every martial artist has to find their own path and answers. These techniques are just ones that we find applicable for our desired result. These conversations and investigations are what this forum so interesting!

frank raud

Master of Arts
Reaction score
Disagree

I think even with the untrained fighting you see a natural tendency to double leg or just go for a good old football tackle.
Again, it may depend on where you live. Hockey is the most popular sport were I live, very rare to see a double leg or football tackle done on skates. So there is not the crossover you may have elsewhere. Here is a list of top ten attacks
Ten Most Common Street Attacks - UKM Instructor - Stewart McGill , first thing I found when googling most common attack on the street. No rugby or football tackles, and the shell would potentially work against 7 of 10 attacks on the list, and would not be appropriate for 3 of them. That's pretty good odds.

Latest Discussions