Something new everyday

theletch1

Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
I've always heard that a day that you don't learn something new is a wasted day. This thread is a thread for posting what you learned on a particular day. Doesn't have to be anything big. Just what you happened to figure out on a particular day.

Today I learned: The petite 12 year old that does dance as well as martial arts can use her dance movements to throw one hell of a kick to your thigh.

terryl965

<center><font size="2"><B>Martial Talk Ultimate<BR
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Today was a day to remember and learn how to make a fly for fishing.

matt.m

Senior Master
Reaction score
I've always heard that a day that you don't learn something new is a wasted day. This thread is a thread for posting what you learned on a particular day. Doesn't have to be anything big. Just what you happened to figure out on a particular day.

Today I learned: The petite 12 year old that does dance as well as martial arts can use her dance movements to throw one hell of a kick to your thigh.

Today I learned that if today my life is meaningful to many others. I received calls from friends just because. I had a fun day hanging out with my beautiful wife and playing with my dog.

I had a few students call as well as peers in the organization. Heh, just when you think ya don't matter. Go figure eh?

Jade Tigress

RAWR
Lifetime Supporting Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Well, this morning I learned that when you get a new computer, and reinstall yahoo messenger without setting your sign in to start as invisible, you end up stuck in conversations with people you don't want to talk to. lol

jkembry

Black Belt
Reaction score
Yesterday, I learned to make brownies from scratch. And I was very fortunate to get a 2nd learning experience in on the same day...I learned NOT to leave brownies in the oven too long...they become black crispies.

shesulsa

Columbia Martial Arts Academy
MT Mentor
Lifetime Supporting Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Yesterday I learned that as much as I thought about my trailer, there is much, much more to learn. I also found out that I don't seem to absorb material as quickly nor readily as I once did. I think I'll blog about that later.

Today, I will be learning how to set up the tent trailer and disengage from the rig all by me onesie.

bluekey88

Senior Master
Reaction score
Today I learned that turtles can drink with their butt.

I'm really not sure waht to do with that tidbit of info...bu tthere it is. :0

Peace,
Erik

teekin

3rd Black Belt
Reaction score
I learned that if you blow up fireant hills , the ants that rain down, and there were hundreds, are mad as hell. The ones that land in your hair are very hard to squish or get out and can cause a lot of grief in the meantime. So while sounding really good in theory it doesn't pan out to good in practice. (hhmmmm Perhaps remote detonators? )
Lori

terryl965

<center><font size="2"><B>Martial Talk Ultimate<BR
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
I learned tosay that I am a true warrior, I was able to stand striaght up look the doc. in the eye and say go a head and give me that shot. Followed by passing out, I hate needles.

kenpofighter

Green Belt
Reaction score
[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Today I learnt:
"The Boeing P-26A was the first all-metal monoplane fighter produced in quantity for the U.S. Army Air Corps. Its nickname was the "Peashooter. ""
[/FONT]