Some Interesting Dummy Designs

KPM

Senior Master
Reaction score
I thought this was a pretty clever idea. I like the oversized arm. I like the fact that it will pivot side to side to travel with your technique just like a real opponent's arm will when you engage it. The rubber straps were a pretty simple and straight-forward way to make it work. He also has a vid were he does the actual dummy form on both his Center Line dummy and a regular dummy for comparison. You don't get that nice impact or "banging" on the arms of the Central Line dummy because that arm moves with you.

This one hinges and moves in the opposite direction. It would be good for all the various variety of Lop Da exercises.

This one would be good for a school with a large and divergent group of students. Highly adjustable for height.

Unity - the First Adjustable Wooden Dummy

Here is the dummy I use. Free-standing, easy to move around to various locations, and a padded trunk. With MMA gloves on you can hit this one almost as hard as you would hit a heavy bag.

The Warrior: Warriors - Phase 1

Here is an interesting way to adapt your existing dummy to work in from a longer range. He also has footage working the same way with his Butterfly Swords.

wingerjim

Green Belt
Reaction score
Those guys or guy is innovative and if I already did not have a traditional dummy it may be of interest to me but the traditional dummy teaches the center line theory training. He also makes a single arm training tool much like one my Sigung has in his studio. It is useful for trapping and bong/tan sau practice.

wingchun100

Senior Master
Reaction score
I just like how people are trying to make things evolve. Even if an experiment fails, it might inspire another that works.

Latest Discussions