Wong Shun Leung thoughts on WC

AceHBK

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
Posted edited by tshadowchaser mt mod
I have left a couple of the topics and a link for those that want to know more

I found this on he net and thought it would be interesting to share.
It is a number of questions about WC in which W.S.L gave his answers to.

Read and give your comments.

Master Wong Shun Leung, can you comment on some of the fights you won? When we won in a fight, we weren't always happy just to win. We tried to figure out how to win in a better and more economical way. The best is always if only a single action is required. Try not to use two actions. Like when kicking, Wing Chun doesn't like to lift the knee first and then kick because this is a two step action. Also the line of force is wrong because your kick will not have ground support. Instead, your kick will transmit back to your body to off-balance you. This is why Yip Man's kick in the second set looks a bit funny at first. We want to travel in a straight line from the ground to the target, not lift the knee first.
[

What is the idea of the wooden dummy? The idea of the dummy is that we do make mistakes. When we do, how can we recover from those mistakes in the most economical way? How can we minimize the error we have made?

Of what use is the Chum Kiu Jip sau movement? One use is as follows: if someone grabs your shirt you can use the first set Jut sau combined with an uplifting palm to injure the arm of the opponent. This is more economical than the Judo method of grabbing the hand and twisting it.

There was much more if you care to read the article

tkdduck

Yellow Belt
Reaction score
Thank you for sharing this. Very interesting to read.

marcus_p

Yellow Belt
Reaction score
Hi,

Since you're interested in SiFu Wong Shun Leung perspective on Wing Chun, you should also visit SiFu Duncan Leung's messageboard, where he actively answers questions on various Wing Chun subjects. It is the only public forum I know of where the public can query a student of SiGung Yip Man.

My SiBak Duncan Leung has provided his uniquely practical advice to many sincere questions over the years. Check it out: http://wingchunkungfu.cn/multimedia.html (look for the messageboard links, current and archive)

/Marcus Pasram

OP
AceHBK

AceHBK

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
marcus_p said:
Hi,

Since you're interested in SiFu Wong Shun Leung perspective on Wing Chun, you should also visit SiFu Duncan Leung's messageboard, where he actively answers questions on various Wing Chun subjects. It is the only public forum I know of where the public can query a student of SiGung Yip Man.

My SiBak Duncan Leung has provided his uniquely practical advice to many sincere questions over the years. Check it out: http://wingchunkungfu.cn/multimedia.html (look for the messageboard links, current and archive)

/Marcus Pasram

Thanks for the link. I ill definately check it out.
Welcome to MT!

Latest Discussions