Social Security needs money back

terryl965

<center><font size="2"><B>Martial Talk Ultimate<BR
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Here is the full story the SSI needs to start collecting money back from our own government so it can pay there bills to the people. Link

Bob Hubbard

Retired
MT Mentor
Founding Member
Lifetime Supporting Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Sorry, I'm busy laughing my *** off right now. All those arguments where I was told I was crazy to suggest that Social Security was broke now vindicated.

Social Security to Start Cashing Uncle Sam's IOUs

Too bad the federal government already spent that money over the years on other programs, preferring to borrow from Social Security rather than foreign creditors. In return, the Treasury Department issued a stack of IOUs &#8212; in the form of Treasury bonds &#8212; which are kept in a nondescript office building just down the street from Parkersburg's municipal offices.

"Those bonds are protected by the full faith and credit of the United States of America," Kennelly said. "They're as solid as what we owe China and Japan."

:roflmao:

Senjojutsu

Blue Belt
Reaction score
Sorry, I'm busy laughing my *** off right now. All those arguments where I was told I was crazy to suggest that Social Security was broke now vindicated.

What was that oft-repeated catch-phrase about twenty-five plus years ago:

"Social Security, the third rail of American politics."

As in it was a fatal toxin for any national political figure - of either party - to dare to question the long-term financial solvency of basically what was the greatest Ponzi scheme of the 20th century.

Even back then some of us "crazy radicals" knew it was all bullsh!t.

So do you think the generation now in kindergartens today will accept a 25% FICA tax rate in twenty years (before any other governmental income taxes) as they start their own careers and families??

Bob,
I may be laughing on the outside with you - but I am crying on the inside - for my country and its future.

The 1968 movie "Wild in the Streets", perhaps the possible future state?

seasoned

MT Senior Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Does this mean were screwed more then we thought we were screwed.

Makalakumu

Gonzo Karate Apocalypse
MT Mentor
Reaction score
Does this mean were screwed more then we thought we were screwed.

What is shows is that the thieves in government will filch any pot of money they possibly can as long as they let them.

seasoned

MT Senior Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
What is shows is that the thieves in government will filch any pot of money they possibly can as long as they let them.
I'll take that as a yes. Boy, I'm glad I'm old, I think anyway. :shrug: