- Sep 29, 2013
- Reaction score
Let me break down just how dumb this belief is (and I've seen it elsewhere, and for whatever reason its coming back);
1. There was another grappler in the first UFC, and he wasn't some chump.
2. There's nothing wrong with wanting to promote/market your martial art.
3. Zero fighters have ever come forward to say that any of the fights were fixed.
4. It's quite clear on video that Royce didn't use his belt to submit Shamrock.
5. Bjj's prevalence in MMA almost 30 years later proves that the Gracie win wasn't a trick or a fluke.
6. Royce wearing a gi actually made him MORE vulnerable in his fights.
Wallace sounds bitter as hell. I don't know why he's bitter, but he's definitely got some sour grapes going on.
The first UFC was one of the most pivotal moments in modern MA history. I think it's time for some people to just accept it.