So, I have a domain. Now what?

crushing

Grandmaster
Reaction score
Looks very nice !
I would have chosen for 1 color scheme for the "sub pages" tough but overall it looks good :)

I'll second Shicomm's suggestion of one scheme throughout and I'll also second the compliment that overall it looks good.

I really like its simplicity. So many 'first sites' have flashing this animated that with embeded flash and other "let's see what it can do" components.

I like simple sites as you can tell by this a site I put together: www.vfw3256.org. It's nothing fancy. I use Yahoo for hosting and used their Sitebuilder tool.

An example of a site that absolutely drives me crazy is the Department of Michigan VFW website at www.vfwmi.org with an inconsistent interface, animated flashing gifs all over. Woah, after checking it out again, they actually fixed it up a lot, but it is still very busy and inconsistent. It could look much more professional.

OP
theletch1

theletch1

Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
I'll second Shicomm's suggestion of one scheme throughout and I'll also second the compliment that overall it looks good.

I really like its simplicity. So many 'first sites' have flashing this animated that with embeded flash and other "let's see what it can do" components.

I like simple sites as you can tell by this a site I put together: www.vfw3256.org. It's nothing fancy. I use Yahoo for hosting and used their Sitebuilder tool.

An example of a site that absolutely drives me crazy is the Department of Michigan VFW website at www.vfwmi.org with an inconsistent interface, animated flashing gifs all over. Woah, after checking it out again, they actually fixed it up a lot, but it is still very busy and inconsistent. It could look much more professional.
Thanks for the input and the complements. I'll get the suggestions from my head instructor this evening in class. I've never been big on flashing things on the site or too many things to distract you from getting to the info that you came to the site for in the first place. For those who think I should have stuck to one style for the sub-pages, which style did you like best. Me, I prefer the page for the instructors better with the class schedule page as my second best.

Andrew Green

Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Another idea for the HTML types ... surf the net, find something close to what you might like ... select 'View Source'.

Gotta luv open source. Unfortunately, nowadays there are many scripting languages and there will be much you can't see or follow, but you may run into some straigh HTML programing that will be 'Cut n Paste'.

Just an idea that has worked for many in the past ...

I do believe that would be a copyright violation.

Latest Discussions