SO...I had my first class in 15 yrs......

OP
B

Bushido492

White Belt
Reaction score
Here is a hint about the blood sugar battles: for a good pick me up, when your glucose goes low, the best thing is peanut butter which is hard to carry in the gym. Try Reese Cups.
I have been a type one diabetic since I was ten years old and have found that lots of types of candy will bring my low glucose up, but will plummet down quickly after, thus giving it the yo-yo effect. The starches in peanut butter give you a steady rise, but no big drop afterward. This is because starches are sugar that are harder to break down.
Reese Cups have been a staple of my life.

AoG

Great Advice, i love Reese Cups too.

L Canyon

Orange Belt
Reaction score
Good for you for going back.

I agree with Terry. Go see your doctor & get checked out. Your low blood sugar is nothing to mess around with. Also, take it slow at first. There's no need to keep up with the younger ones in class or prove ya "still got it." Take it one step at a time.

I agree.

I have low blood sugar too - small meals, many times a day, and a lot of water helps me. I buy "Clif bars" energy bars by the case, and keep them in my car.

Stryder

White Belt
Reaction score
I took time off to do my father duties...coaching baseball, watching daughter in cheerleading competitions. I've really missed the training and i am determined to go all the way now!

Me too..same same. I almost lost my lunch my first class back. It only took about three kicks before I knew I was in trouble. The only thing that kept me from losing it was somebody making fun of a junior student for having done that the week before. I thought "I can't let that punk kid show me up..." sucked it up, and finished class with tunnel vision and pounding lungs.

It got better after three classes. It took months to get any real stamina back but it continues to get better every class. Last night I passed a belt test and I gotta tell you - I haven't felt so good about my training in years. You'll get there - take it slow and don't injure yourself. It will come back.

Be the water.