New Black belt

kosho

3rd Black Belt
Reaction score
Hi,
I will be adding Arthur J. Marion to the rank of Black belt Shodan 1st degree. on 12/6/06. he is 76 years old and has been a student of mine for about 3 years now. he has also been training with my teacher
also for about 2 years. If I added all his training time in it would come out to be about 3 x 1 hr classes a week for about 6 years. I look forward to this promotion. and just wanted to share the Info with all of you. take care,
steve

Grenadier

Sr. Grandmaster
Lifetime Supporting Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Congrats to your student! It's good to see that age doesn't stand in the way of a really dedicated student.

Kacey

Sr. Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Congratulations to you both! It's always good to see instructors and students who see the value of age, and not just the value of youth and speed.

exile

To him unconquered.
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Hi,
I will be adding Arthur J. Marion to the rank of Black belt Shodan 1st degree. on 12/6/06. he is 76 years old and has been a student of mine for about 3 years now. he has also been training with my teacher
also for about 2 years. If I added all his training time in it would come out to be about 3 x 1 hr classes a week for about 6 years. I look forward to this promotion. and just wanted to share the Info with all of you. take care,
steve

Congratulations, best wishes, and another couple of active decades in the martial arts to Mr. Marion! I'll be testing for BB in TKD sometime between the age of 61 and 62, and you have no idea how encouraging it is to hear of someone like your student. My (intense) gratitude for your post!

MJS

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Congrats to both you and your student! :ultracool

Mike

Tatsuya

White Belt
Reaction score
You must be honored to have such a student, and I'm sure he's honored to have such a teacher. Congratulations to you both.

tshadowchaser

Sr. Grandmaster
MT Mentor
Founding Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
I was at the ceremony tonight that promoted Arthur J. Marion to Black Belt. The event was attended by more people than I could count, students, parents of students, friends, etc.
Only a couple of speeches where made by Mr. Bonk and his instructor Mr. Evens (hope I spelled that correctly). The words where not long but powerful and filled with emotion, and love.
I myself have know Mr. Marion only a short period of time but I want to say that I have found him a man with dignity and caring. A man who loves the art he is in and enjoys passing it on to all. He is friendly and honest with any question you ask him but seems to always be gentle with his words. A man that I am honored to know.
My best wishes to Mr. Marion with his upcoming operation and I hope to see him back on the floor teaching soon.
As soon as I get some pics of the ceremony I'll get someone to upload them to the site if Mr. Bonk dose not get to it first.
Congradulations to Mr. Marion

sheldon

chinto01

Black Belt
Reaction score
Congrats on both of your achievement! I hope your training with eachother contines for many years more.

In the spirit of bushido!

Rob

Latest Discussions