Had my first MA class tonight,,,been away from MA for 20 years,,LOVED IT!!!!!!!

jwmims

Yellow Belt
Reaction score
Well after being away from Martial arts for over 20 years had my first class tonight,WOW,i am out of shape.The instructor and other students of all ranks made me feel very welcome.I made it through the class and i felt awesome cant wait till next class.Years ago i was only a green belt in TKD and studied Wing Chun,
now i am studying San Sai Ryu Karate,it is very self defence oriented and a great workout too,just wanted to tell someone how happy i am getting back into
MA,Cheers,
James

seasoned

MT Senior Moderator
Staff member
Lifetime Supporting Member
Reaction score
Hello, James. I hope some of the advice in your other 2 threads was helpful in your journey. It sounds like you are once again on a path, good luck with your new school and your training.

SacredCoconut

Orange Belt
Reaction score
Its alweys nice feeling to get back after brake. I did TKD 5-6 years ago, and while ago started Shotokan Karate.

By the way there is sticked topic about why people quit in begginers corner, and i think it is realy good read. Not to imply enything, but for my self it was nice read as i started again.

kodora81

Yellow Belt
Reaction score
Nice to hear, James. I had a similar experience going back to my Goju Ryu dojo after 20 years of absence. Good luck on your new journey! :asian::karate:

Black Belt Jedi

Blue Belt
Reaction score
Excellent, wish you all the best in your journey in your Martial Arts study. It does happen to quite a few people that start out training at a young age, then somewhere along the way they quit training for a while for many reasons stemming from moving away to a different location which is further away from the school, going off to College/University, starting a family, or the school closed out of business. So few people are willing to return and commit themselves to training, even if he/she says "I'm planning to come back and train in such and such a date" but never follow through on their word.