So I am finally here in San francisco. Just moved in

beau_safken

Black Belt
Reaction score
Well I will say this...Least the place that I picked is in a Very nice part of San Francisco. I just moved into Nob Hill, which is like a mile from the downtown area. Its up on a hill and has a great view from the living room. Also the apartment is pretty big compared to other places I have seen here in San Fran. Kitchen, Bath, Living room and a decent sized room for myself. I am with a roommate, but least I didn't have to sign onto the lease. Month to Month and not too bad with out of pocket expenses. I am pretty damn happy with it. 850 a month for rent and another 50-60 for utilities....Well thats what it takes to live someplace where you dont get shot. Either way, really nice and I'm pretty happy with it so far. I'll let you all know, but I am sure glad I invested in a Surefire flashlight...lots of darker streets around here but a nice place. Nob Hill is referred to as "snob hill" to a lot of people here in San Fran. I'll take that kind of thing anytime ;)

Shot from the living room looking over the bay (Foggy day :( )
pix0006dh.jpg

Living Room
pix0016ht.jpg

Kitchen - Little shaky but you get the idea
pix0020mz.jpg

My room 1
pix0034ej.jpg

My room 2
pix0049ob.jpg

Well wish me luck

bluemtn

Senior Master
Reaction score
Hey, I remember Nob Hill! It's a really nice city (San Francisco). Glad to hear you finally made it, Beau!

monkey

Brown Belt
Reaction score
Come to Chico some time -Its a great collage town & we can trade arts.Also go to the parks early maoning.They are filed with martial arts peole.The peers youll have Fong Ha for Chi gong & Tai Chi.There is a ninja school there listed in Phone book.Also there is a school above Fong Ha.I beleave if Park for Paqau.Ever want to come to Chico let me know.

Carol

Crazy like a...
MT Mentor
Lifetime Supporting Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Congratulations!!

Looks like a very nice place. Hope you enjoy it a lot!

shesulsa

Columbia Martial Arts Academy
MT Mentor
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
I love San Fran ... enough to know not to call it 'Frisco'. :) Charming spot, Snob Hill. Nice catch, Beau.

hapki68

Orange Belt
Reaction score
Congrats, Beau...

There's nothing better than living in a vacation destination.

Now go stuff your face full of Ghirardelli chocolate! :)

Patrick

OP
beau_safken

beau_safken

Black Belt
Reaction score
Oh yea I guess I did forget a little something about this place.

Its 1.5 miles from my doorstep to my work. Of course the way to work is all downhill...but the way home is all uphill. Talk about a workout... I get home and I am just drenched. But I think after a couple weeks I will be totally used to it and not be so sweaty and out of breath. 3 miles a day guaranteed walk for the day...Not too bad. But least I will save money on gym fees ;)

shesulsa

Columbia Martial Arts Academy
MT Mentor
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
beau_safken said:
Oh yea I guess I did forget a little something about this place.

Its 1.5 miles from my doorstep to my work. Of course the way to work is all downhill...but the way home is all uphill. Talk about a workout... I get home and I am just drenched. But I think after a couple weeks I will be totally used to it and not be so sweaty and out of breath. 3 miles a day guaranteed walk for the day...Not too bad. But least I will save money on gym fees ;)

Now THAT is totally sweet. Neater still is that you could change into more comfy clothing on the way to home so you don't sweat out your work clothes and dress shoes, eh?

Good show. Hey, is your roomie the one you posted about on another thread?

OP
beau_safken

beau_safken

Black Belt
Reaction score
shesulsa said:
Now THAT is totally sweet. Neater still is that you could change into more comfy clothing on the way to home so you don't sweat out your work clothes and dress shoes, eh?

Good show. Hey, is your roomie the one you posted about on another thread?

Oh no, she decided to live in another part of town and flaked out. This guy that I am rooming with now is just a guy that isn't home a lot, and brews his own beer as a hobby. She got a chance to get a place that she wanted and I found one that I liked more...so it all worked out. But in some ways I can understand how living on Nob hill wouldn't be all that fun for someone that uses a arm cane...its a hell of a hill.

It's kinda bad that I didn't get a chance to try confronting that weirdness, but we still talk so its not so bad.

bluemtn

Senior Master
Reaction score
beau_safken said:
Oh no, she decided to live in another part of town and flaked out. This guy that I am rooming with now is just a guy that isn't home a lot, and brews his own beer as a hobby. She got a chance to get a place that she wanted and I found one that I liked more...so it all worked out. But in some ways I can understand how living on Nob hill wouldn't be all that fun for someone that uses a arm cane...its a hell of a hill.

It's kinda bad that I didn't get a chance to try confronting that weirdness, but we still talk so its not so bad.

Nob Hill can be a pain on someone that isn't disabled, let alone someone that is! Does trolley's run up there or not? I think they were cutting down on them when I was there (which was a LONG time ago). You'll definitely get your exercise in!

OP
beau_safken

beau_safken

Black Belt
Reaction score
The cable car runs right in front of my house, but I dont take it as I am trying to see if it is faster or as fast for me to walk compared to spending the money for a pass. 45 bucks by 12 months = 540 a year in savings...ill take that.

Plus no gym fee's ;)