So Far So Good

Steel Tiger

Senior Master
Reaction score
I'm at work at the moment and it has been a pretty interesting day. My computer keeps wanting to reconfigure the appearance of the desktop for no readily accountable reason, the groundskeeper has been mowing, edge-trimming, and leaf-blowing since I got here at 7:30 this morning (I can hear him now at a little distance), I've been given a nifty Dymo label maker to play with, and about two hours ago the roof fell in on top of me.

No harm done. One of the guys inspecting the roof stepped on a dodgy board in the walkway he was on, it broke and he came through the plasterboard. It sounded like lightning had hit the building and then debris started raining down on me. Its a little ironic because two years ago a great section of ceiling collapsed in another building at this site.

Its at an inconvenient time too. On Wednesday we have a graduation ceremony for the senior school here (colonels, group captains, and naval captains) so the roof has to be repaired before then. That means tomorrow morning I will have a scissor lift and a bunch of workmen in here with me as they rush to repair the damage.

Just one of those days, I guess. Another three hours to go, I wonder what else might happen?

exile

To him unconquered.
Lifetime Supporting Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Could the bizarre behavior of your computer be connected to the interaction of the groundskeeper's activities with the effect of that chap crashing through the ceiling? I mean, assuming there's a connection there at least gives you something to work with... :D

OP
Steel Tiger

Steel Tiger

Senior Master
Reaction score
Could the bizarre behavior of your computer be connected to the interaction of the groundskeeper's activities with the effect of that chap crashing through the ceiling? I mean, assuming there's a connection there at least gives you something to work with... :D

I try hard not to think along these lines to often. 'Tis the path to madness.

And once again, a man who mowed every blade of grass on the site is at it again this morning. He is either really bored (he's only been at work for 45 minutes) or he really doesn't like grass.