Smart Phone suggestions

jks9199

Administrator
Staff member
Lifetime Supporting Member
Reaction score
Anybody got any input on Android smart phones? What's good, what's bad... what to avoid? I'm soon to replace an aged LG Ally, and want to get something that'll have decent on-board memory so that I don't get out of memory errors in 6 months as everything updates and gets bigger... Thinking towards Samsungs, but open to others. Slide out real keyboard is nice, but not essential anymore. Durable for work is important... that or Otterbox or similar tough case available.

So -- any suggestions or input?

Josh Oakley

Senior Master
Supporting Member
MT Mentor
Reaction score
Motorola RAZR is treating me good so far.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

Haakon

Blue Belt
Reaction score
I've been using a Samsung Galaxy S for almost a year, it's been a great phone. Reliable, good phone single, good, fast 4g data connection. Accidently dropped it a couple of times, no damage to the phone at all.

When it's time to upgrade I'll get another Samsung, probably a Galaxy S 3 - or maybe 4 by then!

oaktree

Master of Arts
Reaction score
I use the Samsung galaxy s skyrocket I think its a great phone.
I want the Samsung note only cause the screen is bigger.

I had an HTC inspire that I liked as well.

Carol

Crazy like a...
MT Mentor
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
I just found out that I'm getting a new phone tomorrow to replace my Droid X. I don't know what the replacement will be (it will be whatever my employer deems appropriate) but I'll post a review.

Omar B

Senior Master
Reaction score
I have the Motorola Cliq 2. It's a bit older, in fact I've been looking into trading up. It's a bit slow as compared to newer ones, and the screen is a bit smaller, but it's got a real keyboard! Also dropped it a bunch of times, including into a puddle in the rain and it still works fine.

clfsean

Senior Master
MT Mentor
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
I'm using a HTC Lightning. It's lasted up pretty good, but is starting to get some quirks that I'm beginning to find annoying & unappealing. But I'm going to give a bit longer before I do anything with. Given Verizon's recent statement about getting rid of grandfathered unlimited data accounts, I may be going back to a regular dialing phone. Or Verizon may loose a 3 smart phone account customer with me... dunno yet.

clfsean

Senior Master
MT Mentor
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Anybody got any input on Android smart phones? What's good, what's bad... what to avoid? I'm soon to replace an aged LG Ally, and want to get something that'll have decent on-board memory so that I don't get out of memory errors in 6 months as everything updates and gets bigger... Thinking towards Samsungs, but open to others. Slide out real keyboard is nice, but not essential anymore. Durable for work is important... that or Otterbox or similar tough case available.

So -- any suggestions or input?

I had a Samsung for my first Droid based phone. It was incredible. But it was kinda fragile since it was mostly display & it just didn't survive.

It was a great device & if I'd watch myself with it a little more (just moved from Blackberry to Samsung) it might've survived.

Rich Parsons

A Student of Martial Arts
Founding Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score

Namii

Green Belt
Reaction score
I had the first Motorola Droid for 2 years. It worked great for a year and a half. The last 6 months were terrible. The screen kept freezing, the volume during calls didn't work anymore, people I talked to said I sounded like I was 1000 miles away, and it couldn't handle certain apps anymore, signal got worse, etc...I was with Verizon and wanted to finish out the contract before getting a new phone.
A couple weeks ago I switched to a no contract service and the monthly bill will go from $86 a month to $35 a month. The only thing I am really losing is that my plan is 150 minutes less than my old one. Doesn't matter since I mostly text anyway. The phone I switched to was the LG Optimus slider because I wanted the full keyboard I was used to. So far I'm happy with it, the signal isn't much better but It sure is nice to be able to hear who I'm talking to now. And it's so much snappier than my old tired droid.

Carol

Crazy like a...
MT Mentor
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
I got my replacement phone today....it's another Droid X :lol: Apparently because this was an insurance claim, Verizon replaced it with the exact model. I was hoping for an upgrade ;)

Latest Discussions